Corsair Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse gets 10000 dpi Sensor

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Corsair announced the availability of the upgraded Sabre RGB gaming mouse. Equipped with a 10,000 DPI optical sensor, four-zone dynamic multi-color backlighting and eight programmable buttons, Sabre R...

Corsair Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse gets 10000 dpi Sensor

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I like the current Sabre I'm using, DPI isn't too important but it seems to still be the one big thing in marketing.
    (And then there's the whole optical vs. laser thing too, think I'm using the laser version of the Sabre myself but I don't really think there's any major differences, at least for most mouse models.)

Your mouse pointer would be all over the screen with just small movements at a DPI value of 10.000 so it seems kinda pointless to me, after all you're after accuracy / precision and not just speed though nothing prevents you from lowering the DPI of course, that control panel of theirs is pretty good so far plus saving a profile directly to the rom or whatever on the mouse means you don't even need the software running.

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I was thinking the same thing. Are games even playable at 10,000 DPI? I have mine set anywhere between 1,000 and 1,500 depending on the game. Any higher and the pointer goes everywhere.

4. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Hum nope, i don´t have a 4k monitor and i drink coffee. Cool though.

5. ezpzTP

ezpzTP Guest

GPU:
    970 GTX x2 / 4GB
    and here I am still playing on low sensitivity and 400dpi since Quake..

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    and there mouses still dont have tilt wheel/4way wheel

I have G502 that has 12000 dpi, and i use it at 1200 just doubling that makes move way to fast.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  7. hijodeosiris

hijodeosiris Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT
    Well it depends of your resolution and muscular memory (is that the right name xD ?), I used for years (from like 7 to 17 yo) low DPI mice (800 DPI you know the regular ones you can buy for 1-2 bucks at least in México).

An recently like 3 years I´ve been using a 3200 DPI mouse and yes at first time you say like WTF!!! where the hell my cursor went XD, but you just increase the DPI progresively until de point is extremely natural to work at everday´s stuff with "high" DPI´s. (i really loved the chage in CAD and in general everything i work in the PC) makes your hand move a lot less is more like a little rotation of the wrist rather than move the whole hand/arm around the table XD.

ATM my roccat kova + broke and im goin back to a 800 dpi mouse I had reserved while my new one arrives.... damn son is ****ing impossible I would say to play at that very low DPI my hand HURTS!!! I have more fatigue playing 2-3 hours dota/warface with that mouse than I used to feel when i play like 12-18 hours in a free day with a 3.2K DPI mouse.

I guess at the end of the day is jsut about preferences and if you are used to that DPI.

8. Nurmi

Nurmi Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Tri-X
    High DPI & turn it down ingame is one possibility.
    Have set myself M65 to 2000 and the thumb "sniper" button to 800. This is my all time favorite mouse.

9. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Nice looking mouse.

10. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I've somewhat upgraded to 800, anything far beyond that seems a tad overkill imo.

To many people play to high of a sensitivity due to this DPI craze.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbBmCNvK5hU&feature=youtu.be

800dpi 3% ingame, like half a meter or something to turn a full 360°.

I'm getting to old these days for Quake or CS, but it's enjoyable to see I can still pound people in some games.

DPI has nothing to do with precision, it's just a way to increase your sensitivity through hardware rather than software (the latter causes precision loss). The gain in precision actually comes from lowering your ingame sens.

EDIT:

Well less then half a meter apperently

Sensitivity 1: GstInput.MouseSensitivity 0.0045
    360° rotation: 41.9982 cm

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016

11. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I like my 800 dpi setting. I got 1500 for some games that have slower setting for vehicles so I just boost my mouse dpi suddenly turret goes woosh.

But 10000 is like excessive. It ain't possible (to most) to be precise with dpi setting over 3000 :D Just spray and pray!

12. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    whats the use of 10000 dpi/cpi ?? mine is 8200 dpi/cpi.. i dont see any benefit, cant use more then 6000.. normally i use 4000.. 10 000 dpi how can u control that man ?

13. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    I actually use 8200 dpi for every task on my 40 inch 4k monitor. Before that with triple monitor the 8200 dpi made life a little bit more easy for me. So I'm used to it now.

14. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Not exactly groundbreaking news since my mouse has 16000 dpi. That said, it is INSANELY fast and I don't use anywhere near 16000...

15. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I have a pair of the MMO version of these that Corsair makes and I love them. If I need a new mouse with fewer buttons someday this might be at the top of my list.

*I do everything at 5600-6000 DPI, anything less feels like I'm back on Windows 95 with a trackball. :p