Corsair Launches iCUE QL RGB Fans for Spectacular Lighting from Any Angle

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Good looking fans but I bet they are as loud as my ML’s.

3. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    I have 2 black MLs that I never used, too loud, good air but too loud, if you have a server in a separate room or something I recommend them but not when your pc case is near the user
    my current build is all LL120 RGB they may blow less but even 10x at 900rpm they make an okay noise level
    https://i.**********/tRxc6Yrq/Whats-App-Image-2019-11-14-at-16-31-13.jpg
    I hope I can resist switching to those new ones, I'm not even sure why I rebuilt an RGB case most of the time I either use all red or off lol
    there must be a subliminal message saying "more rgb" somewhere ahahaha
    edit :in case you are wondering yes I have 3 intake fans and 7 exhaust, sadly thats the only way to have the "good" side of the LL120 fans visible, the rear single fan rotates at minimal speed it's just for show as it cannot compete with the 3 top fans and exhaust almost nothing I tried turning it and making it an intake but it made an insanely loud rattling noise that way, the airflow goes mostly from the bottom to the top, with the AIO being awkward...those new fans would probably improve my airflow since I wouldn't be stuck with "look" based fan positioning
    yes GPU is in a x8 slot (closer to the fans it idles right now at 25°C and never goes above 68°C while playing that way) I can't run it x16 my cpu only has 16 lanes and I need lanes for other pcie cards ;)

that's a Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL, which I really recommend (not the normal, normal is dumb motherboard touches the bottom of the case)
    and you know what ? it has a front panel headphone jack with no interference noise O_O I have never seen this in my 20+ years of building PC..never...

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    ML's get loud with high RPM, but the design allows for good airflow at low RPM. You really need that high RPM that much? I mean I had ML's on liquid cooling, totally silent yet more than enough airflow.

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I'm on a sff setup with a 9900kf at 5.1Ghz which can draw upwards of 170W under a heavy load (gaming I usually don't see more than 90W). In my case they have a audible noise at anything above 1600RPM which the balanced profile on my h100i goes over frequently.

I should try running without the dust filter to see if the cooling efficiency increases enough to keep the RPM's lower.

However the noctua's I was using prior moved as much air and were damn near silent in the same configuration.

The price I pay for RGB lol.

Hilbert Hagedoorn likes this.
  6. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    above 1200-1300rpm any brand fans become loud it can't be helped as I mostly game I keep the fans including AIO to 900-1000rpm, and for benchmarking and stuff I have a 100% fan speed profile in icue, it's loud but not that less than in my previous silent wings bequiet non-rgb case, the non-rgb had a softer "wooosh" air sound less annoying than corsairs but it's still loud
    I will probably go down to 5.0Ghz personnally as I can run it stable with 1.25-1.26V and go down pretty much 10°C like that (80-90->70-80)

7. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    46 cougar fans vortex bearing type and it's just a matter of air moving that's the noise I hear. X12 120mm ones are a bit more audible over the thirty four 140mm..

If a fan is moving air especially over a fin stack on a radiator it's going to be audible, but if I had to say these cougars are by far the quietest fans I've ever had in my presence.

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    These have been reviewed by TechPowerUp and they pretty much suck. These fans were build with aesthetics in mind and I agree that they look absolutely spectacular.
    https://www.techpowerup.com/review/corsair-icue-ql-rgb-fans/5.html

I had some LL120s in a Lian-Li O11 chassi which were really really bad in terms of airflow but they did look stunning.