Corsair H110i gt clean up and mod

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by The Goose, Aug 4, 2016.

1. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Corsair H110i gt clean up and mod....Update.

Hi guys, having recently posted about an issue with my Corsair H110i gt
    I decided to post about my H110 clean up and mod

A close up of the problem.....lime scale
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now the clean up and mod using Mayhems X1 UV Clear Blue Premixed Watercooling Fluid, Tygon 6mm id tubing + 8mm cable shrink wrap and a kettle of boiling water with Oust de-scaler. Also using Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut thermal paste. Tried white vinegar method but needed some thing a bit quicker so resorted to de-scaler.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A second lapping sesion using wet and dry 1200/2000/3000/5000 and finishing with 7000 grit
    [​IMG]
    Fist boot after mod
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  2. WareTernal

WareTernal Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800 XT
    Good job!

Nice work Goose! I was thinking it was impossible to refill these, but you've given me hope! My old Asetek doesn't seem to do the job it used to do. It looks like you were confident in your work, but I have to ask:
    1. How solid is the heat shrink over vinyl tubing connection?
    2. Was there any kind of "gasket" material between copper and plastic?

3. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Hi, the heat shrink was for aesthetics more than anything to cover up the barbs on the radiator, even after shrinking it there was still some flex, i found that after installing everything i just got my lighter to reshrink it.... the tubing i used has a very tight fit so i didnt bother with the clamps, there is a rubber `o` ring that sits between the cold plate and the pump. Getting the coolant in was a bit tricky trying to get as much air out as ive only got 2 hands.....3 would of been easier, and i might add a swifttech micro reservoir at some point but.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  4. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Custom resevoir for Corsair H110gt test model. 20cm x 10cm x 3cm.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016

5. Luchi

Luchi Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 980 ti
    Hi! I have lime scale on my cooler too. I was curious about opening the pump block and cleaning the lime scale, but the images from this thread are gone. Where can I find those pictures from the op?