Corsair Carbide 300R review [Guru3D.com]

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

The latest in the Carbide series of PC cases from Corsair would be the 300R Corsair markets the product being entry-level a bit peculiar though with its price level at 90 USD which really is a mainstream...

More...

2. actionjksn

actionjksn Member

GPU:
    EVGA & BFG GTX 275 SLI
    I like it!

I'm like you I prefer the clean stealthy look without to much bling. I think the US prices will come down and it will be on sale after it's out for a couple of months.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  3. Cold_Burn

Cold_Burn Member

GPU:
    CF Sapphire 2x6870 1GB
    "Overall we think the Carbide 300R is a decent chassis, we do feel it's priced a bit steep in the USA at 89 USD. The EURO prices however seem to be a good chunk better. A quick check here in the Netherlands shows that the 300R can be found for 65 EUR already, and that I feel is a price I'd be comfortable with."

"bit steep"

89 USD to EUR = 66.079919 EUR

So 87.5455068279 USD = 65 EUR. That would be the right price. Major difference. :givebeer:

heheheh. Just kidding. :)

Good article as always.

4. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    all i can say is hilbert man that is one sexy clean build!!!!!

5. BenTTwiG

BenTTwiG Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970
    Those are Corsair reference pics.

I just ordered the 400R if I had seen some nicer shots of the 300R I might have saved some money and gone with it.

6. DrHycodan

DrHycodan Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080
    The 300R has better looks than 400R IMO, I just don't like how the 400R's front panel is taller than the rest of the chassis.

7. TheSarge

TheSarge Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X
    It's a nice design for a mid-tower case, but what makes it a no-sale for me is that front panel. Only 2 USB ports? Are you kidding me? Plus no firewire and no eSATA. No thank you.

There should be a minimum of four front USB ports on every desktop PC. It should be in the ATX specs as far as I'm concerned. Even if all four were USB 2.0 I'd find it acceptable. But just two? No thanks.

8. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Nicest looking, best value case I have seen. May get one for one of my older PCs. Only drawback is that there is no place you can grapple it properly to lift it from under a desk/table for example.

9. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    No rubber grommets in the cable holes ya know $0.50 for 3 or 4 grommets wouldn't increase the price of the case that much but would increase it's looks considerably