Corsair adds a host of new premium PC Accessories

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Corsair announced the availability Premium Individually Sleeved PSU Cables, Premium Sleeved Front Panel Extension Kit, Premium Sleeved SATA Cable, Premium PCIe 3.0 x16 Extension Cable, and TM30 Perfor...

Corsair adds a host of new premium PC Accessories

fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Didn't Corsair already have sleeved PSU cables? I mean, I got them in my rig right now... the rest looks neat though.

3. Ridiric

Ridiric Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti @2100Mhz
    Yeah they had official corsair branded sleeved PSU cables for a while now, I'm using the white and black ones on my RM850i PSU.

The sleeved SATA cables and front panel cables look nice though, I will probably be buying some of those :D

Might try out the thermal paste too, currently my two favorite are either Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut if I want the best or Cooler Master MasterGel Maker Nano which is almost as good and costs a little less, EK-TIM Ectotherm is my favorite one for just general use as its half the price of the CM one mentioned above and not that far behind in performance.

The corsair thermal paste is only a couple bucks more than the EK stuff, and I remember a youtuber saying the corsair stuff is around 11W/m-K which is the same as the CM stuff and not far behind the 12.5W/m-K of the Thermal Grizzly, the EK stuff is 8.5W/m-K so corsair stuff if it really is what that youtuber said it is then it can replace both my budget and high end paste and ill save the thermal grizzly for when I just want the best of the best.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  4. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    "Premium" generally means it costs more but isn't likely to deliver more performance--of course, for those who think of their boxes as Christmas-tree replacements, well, this market segment was born just for them...;)

sykozis and quantum hacker like this.

5. Ridiric

Ridiric Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti @2100Mhz
    Dude do you just hate on stuff for no reason or something? not a single piece of RGB in these products and you are sitting there talking about Christmas tree.

And as far as the premium thing you said, all these products look quality and actually have a useful purpose and aren't just fluff, for example paracord cables are easier to cable rout than the normal plastic flat sata cables and they look better too, and if the thermal paste is actually 11W/m-K its really good for its price (Corsair $12 AUD VS $20 AUD for the CM paste)

Did you just look at the title, engage snark mode type a post and not look at any of the products actually announced?

6. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Recently bought 2 of their 140mm LL fans for my current rad, not that big a fan of RGB but they look pretty cool, especially when they're low RPM. Planning on adding a 360 rad as well,so i'll definitely buy 3 120mm LL fans for it. Maybe 4 to add one on the back exhaust as well.

7. quantum hacker

quantum hacker Guest

GPU:
    GTX 275 - 896 MB
    They need to add some flexible OLED material to all the cables so I can have colorful marching ants indicating the data flow

8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    hehe yes... I too liked how the other cables looked, sleaved SATA is nice, as well as those pesky front panel connectors (USB3). Yeah I'm a sucker for stuff like that too if it's nice and doesn't RGB blind me all the time.

9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I like their design of PCIe Riser cable/connector. But that price tag on passive component. They have like 90~95% profit margin on that.