corsair 700/800d + Monsta TFC XChanger 360

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by damien666, Nov 20, 2010.

1. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi all i need some information, i have a coolermaster comos case which i painted black and tweaked but it just doesnt have enough room in it and im going to be rebuilding my pc soon as my pump failed a few months ago and its just laying on floor at min :(

i plan to buy the 700D/800D id like the 700D with windows panel actually, but i want to know is their enough room in the top to fit the Monsta TFC XChanger 360 radiator with 120mm fans on both sides PULL/PUSH inside with a motherboard as my motherboard has quiet high PWR cooling fins :( ...my current case doesnt have enough room in the top for my radiator never mind fans:(

if people with this setup could post pictures on how they have their water loops setup that would help alot so i can get an idea of space and best layout

2. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    all videos and picture of 700d / 800d watercooling setups with large thick rads are welcome :)

3. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    you can always bang a triple or quad rad on the the back of your old case using the radbox
    http://www.overclock.co.uk/product/Swiftech-MCB-120-Radbox-external-radiator-mounting-kit_4104.html

http://www.swiftnets.com/products/MCB-120-r2.asp

or the alternative koolance clamp
    http://www.overclock.co.uk/product/Koolance-Radiator-Mounting-Bracket-with-Quick-Release_8927.html

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=829

Personally the corsair case is only worth buying(800d) if you are planning on cooling cpu,gpu and chipset(optional)internally because you can put 2xtriple rads internally in this case....if your just looking to mount a triple rad i would just buy the radbox or koolance clamp and save your self aload of cash.....make sure you have inlet and outlet holes at the back of your case of the tubing to go from the rad-through the case-to the cpu...if not you can mod it,or buy the corsair,its up to you.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  4. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load

yer i have a collermaster 832 + cosmos now and both are ok but i find the 832 is a dust sucker and the cosmos is alittle small :( also cable management in both are crap :(

i think seen as i have a bit of money comin im going to get a gtx 580 evga watercooled edition and a corsair 700d + window...i just want a nice looking pc for once lol, and i want everything internal to look sleek

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Go for the 800d mate if you can,better for the whole schbang,even if its at a later date.:)

6. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    well i read that the only difference is that the 800d has hot swappable bays and a window, other than that its identical in every way. i really dont need or want hot swappable bays and doesn't it use up more internal room with that plastic cover inside ?

but on the other end it comes with a windows and im not sure how much a new windows side pannel will cost me for the 700d so...

please people post pictures of ur setup so i can have some idea what to expect

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    i do not have an obisidian,i have an antec 1200 with a triple rad on the back via radbox,i have no plans to cool my gpus at this time so im sticking with the antec 1200.

If you want pics of watercooled obsidians,there are loads on the web,even youtube,use google mate:)

8. Matrices

Matrices Member

Why would you go out of your way to get a 700D with a window when that's basically what an 800D is, apart from the bays? Whether you do it or have someone else do it, it'll be at least $50 worth of parts to get a window on the 700D anyway.