Corrupt Uninstallation of ATi Catalyst Control Center

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hvitakristr, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Hvitakristr

Hvitakristr Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon HD 4850
    I uninstalled my drivers because of that I added some bad tweaks to the registry, but my errors resulted in one only half done uninstallation of CCC. Windows Vista gave me a Blue Screen and reported some corrupt memory addresses. I didn't restart my computer normally but entered Safe Mode and ran Guru3D's Driver Sweeper that cleaned the Display Driver, but not CCC or any ATi related software. I did some more cleaning with another tool, but when I entered Windows Vista normally CCC gave me errors that I ignored and instead I tried to install CCC again. The installer seemed successfull, but it said there were some warnings that should be visible in the log. I could not see anything! After reboot the same issue remained. What should I do? It seems like the installer actually did... nothing. Please help, it's late and I need to do some things involving 3D graphics before I go to sleep. :)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2007
  2. Hvitakristr

Hvitakristr Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon HD 4850
    Suddenly the uninstallation worked successfully, but the error is still there. I used both Driver Sweeper and Driver Cleaner to delete the remains but when I looked at the registry settings, all old settings had been restored. I don't know how or why. Please, it would really help if someone could print his/her settings for the Catalyst 7.7 driver. These are located by RegEdit at:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Video\xxxx\0000

The xxxx stands for a long code that may vary by computers but it's the one with the most settings in the subfolders, it's pretty easy to spot as the others are almost empty and one have to subfolders that are filled with information!

Thanks in advance!