Corrupt Mousepointer - any solution? ( AMD Catalyst 12.x (8.982.7.0 August 8))

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by kyz, Sep 1, 2012.

1. kyz

kyz Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9 290
    Hey,

as you can see my pointer corrupts when I play Dota2. I dont know if this happens in other games aswell, but its pretty frustrating. Is there any way you guys know how to fix this? Im pretty sure its a driver issue, ati fixed it 6-7months ago already once? But it came back... :(

[​IMG]

2. Krymu

Krymu New Member

GPU:
    Crossfire 2GB 6950
    I've had this issue in Dota 2 with almost every driver that's been released this year (currently using 12.8 WHQL, still corrupts). I've also experienced this in Dragon Age Origins.

The only remedy I've found is to rapidly swipe my cursor between my two monitors (I play Dota 2 in borderless window) or ofc, reboot.

I'm getting very sick of this, c'mon AMD! :mad:

3. kyz

kyz Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9 290
    i also have two screens. will try that rapidswitching as you suggest. sometimes it seems to fix itself too. its really annoying and frustrating. btw i have a 6970 from asus (direct cu II) and i play borderless windowed mode too @ 2560*1440

4. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Had this happen randomly in the past too. Haven't seen it happen in the past 2 months though.

I can't recall if it eventually fixed itself, or if I just rebooted to fix it though :/

5. ipredator

ipredator Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    This happend to me too, once. I was really amazed at how you can f*ck up your Windows just by overclocking the VGAs.

So just drop your overclock, this fixed it for me. And, you might want to try the new 9.00 driver. http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=367954

It is a modded mobile GPU driver, so not sure how it performs on desktop cards.

6. kyz

kyz Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9 290
    this has nothing to do with an overclock

7. Krymu

Krymu New Member

GPU:
    Crossfire 2GB 6950
    +1

My cards are also at stock speeds, still corrupts.

8. kyz

kyz Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9 290
    So I installed the 9.0 driver from August 9, and so far i havent seen any corruption. that might also only be luck though ofc.

9. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    had that sometimes in Starcraft 2.
    but somehow it seems to be gone now although i didn't change anything. When it happens sometime it helps to move the mouse out of the screen the mouse will turn normal after some time. The crazy thing is that it seems like it only happening with "fresh" installed drivers. After some days/weeks the issue seems to be gone forever.

I already mentioned that issue somewhere else. People declared me as crazy and said that this issue is fixed for years now and wanted a proof that im not lieing.
    Maybe it's time to report this issue to amd and link them to this thread.

**edit**
    The issue has nothing to do with OC. My Computer is not overclocked at all. Also the issue was "big" at the 5000 series and back there OC wasn't the issue either. I guess AMD replaced some parts of their driver code with some old codelines which gave that Problem a Comeback.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  10. Corthalis

Corthalis New Member

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Lightning
    I have this issue on both my desktop (7970) and laptop (2x5870). There are periods where I don't get it for a long time, so I assume latest drivers fixed it etc.. but BAM! it comes and goes.

11. V-FrIeNd

V-FrIeNd Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 750Ti
    hd7750 get corrupt pointer with '12.x 9.0.0.0 august 09' same.
    stock clock speed, during play dota2.

12. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Dota 2 and Starcraft 2 were the only games I recall having the corrupted cursor in.

13. kyz

kyz Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9 290
    it was working fine for 1 week now its corrupting again, i didnt change anything on the drivers