Core i9 10990XE processor spotted, has 22 cores and 44 threads.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Misternikitas

Misternikitas New Member

GPU:
    AMD R9
    Don't ever use that shitty site please. Just compare an i3 9100 and the i9 9900. They have prioritized single core performance to the point where multicore doesn't count at all.

Fediuld likes this.
  2. asturur

asturur Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    No they are not. Mainstream is not just required chipset. Is the whole system.
    you do not run a 500$ cpu with a 30$ cooler and 50$ memories.
    Mainstream would be the cpu that people buy most in the diy build or pre made computers. The one that is mainly in computer.
    Now do not tell me that because there are 2000$ cpus everyone has a 9900k or a 3900x because they are just 500$.

3. Misternikitas

Misternikitas New Member

GPU:
    AMD R9
    It is not called mainstream based on its price, but for its usage/purpose.

4. 386SX

386SX Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    Literally the hottest shice available. :D

Fediuld likes this.

5. Venix

Venix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1060 6gb
    10990XE with the power of the sun!
    If intel use this i will ask for royalties!

bernek likes this.
  6. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I would say that those days are back. In 2016, the most powerful consumer chip was 4c/8t (10t/20t for HEDT). In 2017 it was 8c/16t (16c/32t for HEDT) and in 2019 it was 16c/32t (32c/64t for HEDT, followed by 64c/128t this year). It's rare to see such a massive growth of computing power in such a short space of time - hell, it's far outpaced the growth of GPU power in that span, in both absolute terms as well as performance per dollar.

jura11 and Undying like this.
  7. FlyBy

FlyBy Member

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti wc
    Who's gonna build an AIO for that thing ??? 380w, they must be joking.

Most DIY waterblocks wont keep up with it too, threehundredandeighty watts TDP means easily ~500w when doing serious work with or w/o overclocking.

Muaaahhhh, it's getting warm in here ;)

and you betetr have a serious PSU with 2x8Pin EATX plugs, each one is 384w. So when overclocking real hard, it could tilt 2 x EATX 8Pins and have them MELT imho

8. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080TI/1080TI/VEGA
    That power rating is crazy ... Intel is "dying inside". I can't imagine the frustration they are going trough when AMD launches another rocket in their home base ...

It must be painful but they were greedy ohhh soooo greedy and sooooo ignorant for so LONG. I actually think they deserve it ....

This is what happens when you have the crown for far too long and forget what got you there in the first place. They were decent in the beginning after AMD stumbled and fall short year after year they didn't even bother to research 7nm and the BAM - Ryzen and it was too late and it still is too late for them now....

9. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080TI/1080TI/VEGA
    Are you suggesting their chip eventually will turn into a supernova ? cause we are close at 500W if they hit 1kW power draw by 2022 I will replace the radiator in one of my rooms for sure.

Venix likes this.
  10. nizzen

nizzen Master Guru

GPU:
    3x2080ti/5700x/1060
    Sad there is NO growth in "single thread" power. It's the power most people want for sure.

50% faster "singlethread" performance > more than 8 cores

11. nizzen

nizzen Master Guru

GPU:
    3x2080ti/5700x/1060
  12. Tiny_Clanger

Tiny_Clanger Master Guru

GPU:
    igpu
    a 9600K has more cores than i really need :D

13. Angushades

Angushades Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 OC
    What are you talking about, AMD has higher IPC and its increased with each gen since the first ryzen.

14. nizzen

nizzen Master Guru

GPU:
    3x2080ti/5700x/1060
    I want much more! Amd is barly on par with Intel in games. I want low latency AND high IPC performance. Zen 2 @ 7ghz and 6ghz infinity fabric? :p
    3900x gamingperformance i pretty much the same as the old 5960x @4,8ghz with 3200c14 tweaked memory. So not much growth in performance. Just watt/performance.

I want 50% more performance than 9900k@ 5.3ghz with 35ns latency ;)

I have enough cores with Threadripper 16 core and 3900x ;)

What you want, I don't know.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  15. tunejunky

tunejunky Master Guru

GPU:
    RadeonVII RTX 2070
    sorry guys, but except for laptops i ditched Intel cpu's after X99, when i bought Threadripper gen 1. i've since upgraded that to gen 2, but although i love the spec of Threadripper gen 3, the performance is far beyond what i actually need with the Ryzen 2 (3rd gen) 3700x.
    i do have the mobile I-7 8750h, which is (8th gen) Intel's starting point for dealing with Ryzen. it's a nice enough chip w/ SMT and low power...and they never released the desktop version (imho power/heat signature) which is too bad as it would've cut some of the crap marketing from fanboys. which brings me around to my actual point (lol), set your performance envelope before you shop cpu's and you can not only save money, you can save frustration which is even more important as you will be using your rig all of the time.

16. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I'm not sad one bit. I wanted more computing power and that's precisely what I got. App developers will eventually optimize for more threads so pining for more single-threaded power is backwards and redundant.

17. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    Lol.. I agree that generally software will shift to multithreaded but I don't see how asking for more single threaded performance is backwards. Certainly no one was saying that with bulldozer.

Also there will always be operations that cannot be threaded. While it's hard to increase general IPC CPU manufacturers should definitely be improving/committing to newer extensions, for example AVX512 -- we're starting to see applications take advantage of in the consumer space. I don't think anyone is saying AMD adding AVX512 is backwards or redundant.

nizzen likes this.
  18. Goiur

Goiur Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070

19. nizzen

nizzen Master Guru

GPU:
    3x2080ti/5700x/1060
  20. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    It's backwards in the sense that it puts the focus on how things were done up to now and not how things will/should be done going forward. If software scales with cores in the future then single-threaded performance won't matter much (the problem with Bulldozer was the software didn't go multi-threaded like AMD had hoped).

Aren't SIMD instructions all about parallelism?