Core i9-10900KF performance leaks in 3DMark Time Spy - Ryzen 9 3900X Level Perf

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 20, 2020.

1. nizzen

nizzen Maha Guru

GPU:
    3x2080ti/5700x/1060
    Cache program is good if you have HDD, not better than pure Optane ;)

2. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080S WaterForceWB
    @nizzen
    so your running the drives @4.0?
    no one buys 3900 with x570 and install a 5y old ssd, so at least compare with what the HW allows on the amd,
    and not "limits" set buy the intel chip/hw

3. nizzen

nizzen Maha Guru

GPU:
    3x2080ti/5700x/1060
    [​IMG]
    What are you talking about?

There is no fast pci-e 4.0 ssd's in the marked wort buying over Optane 900p/905p and Adata sx8200pro. All pci-e 4.0 has "slow" 4k random read @ QD=1 like most pci-e 3.0 nvme ssd's ~60MB/s.

Ps: Optane 900/905p has over 300MB/s 4k rr @ qd=1 ;)

I'm waiting for Adata Sage pci-e 4.0 and Optane pci-e 4.0. Maybe late 2020, or spring 2021.

Want FAST? Here is my 3x optane 900p in raid-0 ;)
    Work horse :p

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    angelgraves13 likes this.
  4. Dazz

Dazz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    Well if you are using it as a standalone drive and not using it as a cache (optane + SSD or All in one NVMe 32GB optane + 960GB SSD) then it should be the same performance regardless of platform be it Intel or AMD because it is done on the hardware level and not software like the caching version which requires tiering. You still have to install the Intel Optane driver (or Intel motherboard drivers which has it included) because optane uses the NVMe 1.1 specification which is not included out of the box on AMD platforms (NVMe 1.0 drivers).

Requirement, motherboard that conforms to NVMe specification and PCIe device boot switching https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www...25741/memory-and-storage/enthusiast-ssds.html

Drivers are here, there is nothing related to only working for any specific platforms: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...ntel-RST-Floppy-Driver-Package?product=123625

Thus it doesn't matter what platform you are using so long as your board allows you to boot from a PCIe card and supports NVMe, thus it's not a reason at all to own an Intel platform to use Optane.

In Fact we know Optane works fine on AMD platforms because Intels storage team is using AMD Ryzen 3000 processors on X570's to test their upcoming Optane on PCI 4.0 https://www.techspot.com/news/83402-intel-prototyping-pcie-40-ssds-but-needs-amd.html

5. Dazz

Dazz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    Well i was thinking more of high capacity SSD rather than specifically mechanical drives. I mean for the price of a 1TB Optane i could have 16TB of SSD's 8x 2TB SSD's

While Optane is ok it's not remotely the same performance increase we saw with SSD's vs mechanical drives. While i am half and half on if i should get Optane or not, it wasn't like when the first SSD's came out where i was compelled so strongly to move over to SSD's, they were a bit of a pain cause there was no TRIM support back then and had to secure erase them every 6 months to a year.

6. TLD LARS

TLD LARS Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Vega 64 DIY
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It would be wrong to use 1GB test file in crystaldiskmark, because even my "cheap" Samsung 970 SSD has 1GB cache memory, so the test could potentially run in cache memory without touching the disk itself, leading to a unrealistic test result.
    Atleast that is how i think it would go, first time using crystaldiskmark, that may also be the reason why i can not setup my version 7.0.0, to test the same things as you are doing on the screenshot.

fry178 likes this.
  7. nizzen

nizzen Maha Guru

GPU:
    3x2080ti/5700x/1060
    There is no "cache" in Optane like an raidcontroller with cache :) Look at results other places, and the 4k random read @QD=1 is ~ the same :)
    With my Areca 1883 raidkontroller with 4GB cache, I get "cacheresults" in Crystal disk mark, and other ssd benchmarks :)