Core i9-10900K can boost to 5.3 GHz, more specifications of 10th Gen Core Comet Lake-S leak

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    What's so wrong with this - single - result chart to state AMD is "very slower" compared to Intel in virtualization scenarios? Do you forgot that different CPU models have different prices? Moreover there is no reference about how those numbers meant (I can guess OS startup which is irrelevant on most VM scenarios and not a good benchmark tool). 0.09s on a nobody-knows-what-does-it-means chart between a R7 3700X and a I9-990K, 0.09s for 150-200€£$ difference on a 14+s test, what an amazing deal.
    You are just a little immature dude ranting for your favourite time like monkeys do in a soccer stadium hoping to receive a banana as gift ad the end of the play.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    patteSatan likes this.
  2. kanenas

kanenas Active Member

GPU:
    rtx 2070 aurus
    So gamers and content creators with AMD parts or setups are poor says the casual user running i7 6700k lol come on man be nice.

3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT/GTX 1060
    This is just a matter of how you phrase it - the fact is that every re-release of 14 nm tech is another + to the 14 nm process. Regardless of how you name it.

patteSatan and fry178 like this.
  4. Warrax

Warrax Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    Yay for 2015 tech in 2020. If rumor about Ryzen 4000 is true, Intel will be even more in trouble.

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    You would have asked me 10 years ago i would have been enthusiast at this news.
    But nowadays, using my computer all day long with it sitting on my desk, i want comfort. Performant product with minimal cooling noise.
    Having tinnitus starting over last year makes noise my top priority.

fry178 likes this.
  6. fry178

fry178 Maha Guru

GPU:
    FTW Hybrid 2080S
    @squalles
    And why would i want to pay another 250$ more, to get 20fps more,
    outside the fact that i dont need them?
    The biggest jump in smoothness and lower input lag is going to 100-120,
    after that, the gains espeonninput lag are not anywhere close to what you have to invest to get there.
    And 99% (ppl i know) realised saving 2-500$ on a cpu,
    and spending it on the gpu, is smarter and gets bigger gains.

Again: paying over 200% (intel) to get not even 20% more perf compared to amd? Lol

@justjurchix
    You do realise there are amd cpus that not only outperform intel easily, and some can even cost more, nor has the brand anything to do with money.
    There are ppl making 7 digits a year and never had more than an i3,
    which my 3600 eats for breakfast.
    So where's the connection to money?

Glad this post isnt about politics or i had to ask if your
    bot/troll or just paid firestarter :D

@Xentic
    Its usually because of less oxygen getting to inner ear parts.not sure if you smoke/drink/high blood pressure/allergies, those affect it the most, so its good to get that controlled/minimized.
    I do see improvement taking 3-6mg melatonin 20min before going to bed.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    XenthorX likes this.
  7. asturur

asturur Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI

I m an AMD user and i m no way poor.
    You should NOT use this kind of gatekeeping and elitism.
    Labelling people with a status ( poor ) becasue of a cpu choice, is really bad.
    This is your first message and i think you started with the wrong foot.
    Please try to do better next time.

Tiny_Clanger likes this.
  8. nizzen

nizzen Maha Guru

GPU:
    3x2080ti/5700x/1060
    It's funny because Ryzen has 2015 gamingperformance :p

9. Tiny_Clanger

Tiny_Clanger Master Guru

GPU:
    igpu
    Some people just like to feel superior by bullying others. I use amd and intel and i am happy with both. An A8 7600 wont suit everyone but it was a great little performer that only cost me a bit over 60quid.

I am no longer as short of spons as i was but the 9600K with 6 threads is powerful enough and wont be overclocked, i did some overclocking tests way back and there was about 1 second difference between 3.1ghz, a8 7600 base speed and 4.1ghz, a10 7890k base speed and it was double the price of the a8. 1 second for 60 quid more? not worth it.

fry178 likes this.
  10. bobblunderton

bobblunderton Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 Super 8gb
    Sure would be nice if we saw cards getting 1.5x faster. Would sure be a compelling upgrade. They just seem to trickle the performance if there's nothing to contest the top card, though.
    Only storage really can use that PCI-E 4.0 bandwidth much (and there-in only a few devices use it for consumer tech), and it's mostly servers that take advantage of it with NVME drive arrays. It's still nice to have pci-e 4.0 for the future, though, in-stead of building with yesterday's tech.

11. bobblunderton

bobblunderton Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 Super 8gb
    They didn't push the GPU enough. I mean, unless you're ray tracing stuff, who buys higher than a 2070 / 2070 super to run 1080p? It's very well known that 1080p isn't going to let the GPU stretch it's legs as it could at 4k or anything slightly above/below that. The reason for CPU limitations is GHZ speed and IPC purely, running DX11 games and getting strung up trying to put too many draw calls from directX rendering. So the faster the CPU can chew through draw calls the faster the gpu can render frames, and higher frame-rate results (or not!).

(again, draw calls are the render calls the cpu makes when it tells the GPU to render a set of textured surfaces on an object, this is done one to 100 times on any object, for every separate set of connected textured surfaces on a model, on every model, in every scene, forgoing batching and other optimizations it can really slow things down if models aren't made right. A good 3d artist will be able to connect most similar-textured faces on an object and hence lower draw calls, and use batching - direct copies of textured faces on the same model - to help lower load where things cannot be connected directly).
    https://prnt.sc/qhmdhv This link is safe for work, please open in new window/instance to see what I mean.

For illustration above, blue lines mean connected faces, white lines are new draw calls past that point. So all the windows here render as one, all the concrete renders as a few as there's 3 different sets of that concrete mostly on the roof edges. The roof is two draw calls for the dark asphalt-style roof coating (as it's two levels, one on-top the elevator house). All the doors on the building except the roof access door render as one draw call because they're dupes, it batches, and so forth. Each draw call means the CPU has to process it one at a time and send it to the GPU. A few 100 textured faces are nothing and the GPU can process thousands of faces in rendering by the time the CPU could send a draw call for a single face.
    This is why some games are CPU limited at 1080p and others not.

So yes, entirely, benchmarks are always subject to how much the user knows about setting up and configuring his or her PC and the applications on it. Where this is really obvious is pretty much just saying, with the RTX series especially or a 1080Ti, 1080p is pretty much the new 720p when running DX11 or lower titles at 1080p in regards to CPU limitation. There's only so much you can crank up the GHZ with current tech - from any manufacturer, before diminishing returns, extreme power usage / thermal issues, and excess wear all kick in - especially if you want/need A LOT of cores.
    For what it's worth my Ryzen 3700x is everything I need, even with paltry 3000mhz ram (dual rank sticks, yeah, bargain bin ones at that!), does everything I could ask with the 2070 Super. I can't complain, it's worlds better than / stomps all over a 4790k with an RX 480 card.
    No buyer's remorse, it's a reasonably / tolerably quiet PC, it's roomy / easy to work on, it doesn't belch heat / fire when used hard, and keeps going doing everything I need it to in a reasonable time frame. :)
    *nothing in here was a brag and only used when needed for example, but I DO want to say I tend to agree with a lot of folks here... but PLEASE always compare by price, as that rules 90% of us. Doing content creation / game asset production here most of the day, I wouldn't ever notice the difference if you switched this with a 9900k anyway, until it started pumping out twice as much heat (or more) and making me sweat.

fry178 likes this.
  12. Borys

Borys Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Gaming X
    And here are the Loosers! More and more of the same.... more heat... more vulnerability... more +++.... more expensive... I think Intel could change the brand name to New Core14... the Ultimate 14nm+++++ thecnology....
    AMD WINS! Double flawless victory and Fatality!

13. RyuzakiL

RyuzakiL Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX-1070
    These intel trolls are getting worse by the minute. Back when AMD doesn't have the IPC, the trolls are using that as an argument. Now that AMD is ahead in terms of IPC, they now use the GHZ race like their lives and their reputation are on the line - poor sods :(

Had Ryzen 3000 or 4000 arrived back when my AMD Piledriver build had died, I should have upgraded to that - instead of this toothpaste laden 8700K (couldn't OC the damn thing without the temp shooting up) XD

Anyhow, I enjoy looking down upon these sheeps (who doesn't know any better 100% of the time) who are still enjoying Intel's Kool Aid :D - Pathetic :D

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Theres nothing trolling about saying that the clock rate brings Intel ahead in single core performance, because it does.
    Without that advantage, they would be entirely unbuyable.

15. fry178

fry178 Maha Guru

GPU:
    FTW Hybrid 2080S
    but thats the thing: ONE single thing they do better, everything else is amd.
    anything else ppl would never look at an item only doing one thing good,
    when a different brand is offering more than one good feature.

16. nizzen

nizzen Maha Guru

GPU:
    3x2080ti/5700x/1060
    7980xe delidded with 4000c16 memory @ 49ns memorylatency:

Good in everything :D
    On par with 9900k in gaming :)

Stock it sux :p

17. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700 XT GOC 8G
    You are comparing a 325$ USD cpu to a 500$ USD cpu i mean really? That's a 175$ price difference ... hey a 5700xt is stronger than a gtx 1660 Super ... sigh ...

The 9900k is not so stronger than the 3900x. It is stronger in games. It is weaker is many workloads. Overall two good cpus depending on what you do.

Tiny_Clanger likes this.
  18. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700 XT GOC 8G
    Strange. I'm a computer engineer and i upgraded my core i5 two years ago mostly because of development and testing on virtualization. It was slow as hell specially android. It was an older i5 than the 9600k obviously but still i'm surprised to see a core i5 scores so good on this test.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  19. [​IMG]
    This get salty yet? Come on guys, don't let me down.....let's see some intel vs. amd e-peen.

Of course I kid. Let's all be civil.

20. Margalus

Margalus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    I'm exactly opposite. I have really severe tinnitus, have had it for several decades now.. I love noisy fans, the drone helps keep me sane the buzzing is so bad. I leave my central air blower on 100% of the time so that drone is all thru the house. If the power fails and I get silence it feels like my head is going to explode from the the extremely high pitched whistling from the tinnitus.

XenthorX likes this.