Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 28, 2019.
Requirements : 360mm AIO?
You can run with decent performance? Yes sure, but i saying you have a lower performance and its fact, if you do 120fps okay, but you can have than 140fps with same card on another processor, if you want say about good performance i will say about ryzen 2700 too, cost less and you can play higher than 75 fps too, but thats not point
Intel for casual people&gamers.
AMD for creators&poor people&poor gamers
It's my 1 comment. I've been active for 4 years, but now i register to say my opinion.
1st - i'm gamer, casual user, not content creator or benchmark n00b.
2nd - i'm living in Europe (Latvia - it's small country with one of the fastest internet speeds in the world)
3rd - i buy new parts for my pc, when i feel the need for them (2-3 times in decade)
CPU: I7-6700k OC @ 4.6 Ghz
AOI: Enermax Liqfusion 360
RAM: 16 GB Kingston OC @ 2400MHz
GPU: GTX 1080Ti OC @ 1780 MHz
SSD: AData 1 TB Gammix S11 Pro
HDD: WD 1 Tb 7200 RPM
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C
Fans: Be Quiet Shadow Wings 2 x 5 pcs
PSU: Corsair RMi 750W
They don't add any pluses, is what they don't do. Only trolls made up those names. And the amount of performance they managed to get out of the 14nm process is actually rather impressive, its unprecedented. Sure, they had not much of a choice, but its still quite a feat.
In term of platform features, it wont compete with Ryzen (unless you need native thunderbolt 3), but if the line-up is price nicely (500$ i9, 350$ i7, 200$ i5) it could still be a solid launch with great gaming perf & nice overall price/perf.
It wont win any efficiency contest though...
- to those who complain about heat, you don't know what a threadripper 3960x/3970x are like lol 3960x is double the watts of a 9900k (but for triple the cores that's the catch !) anyway my point is it's already borderline un-coolable air,360mm,280mm they can do it but the cooling is never "good" I will probably have to go real water-cooling needless to say I have no interest in overclocking stock I'm already reaching 90°C (460Watts at the power socket) in a cinebenchr20 run (while gaming it's actually cooler than my 9900k thx to lower clock speed)
- coming from a 9900k I lost around 40fps in some games in 1080p (looking at 1440p and 4k that difference almost disappears and I do want a 1440p monitor just didn't find a good one yet) I lost only 4fps in Borderlands 3 tough because that game is mostly gpu limited (max settings)
- I changed because I had several drives and pcie cards taking dust (16+24 lanes in the M.2 and USB 3.2 era is way not enough) also 10Gbit and stuff
- AMD "game mode" is near unusable, by halving the cores you lose half the lanes too and AMD unlike Intel rely a lot on your cpu lanes (which made a few things disappear including my usb 2.0 corsair commander pro which commands all my fans...can't have that) if you have no drives and just 1 gpu plugged you won't mind but then why do you need a TR ?
- pcie 4.0 and the increased lanes are the reason why I gave up on Intel, motherboard and plateform are too old we are in 2020 not 2010
- ran my 1080ti in x8 for years on Intel (needed the other x8 lanes) worked fine
The thing is, AMD has a plan, and a developer team WORKING on something, while Intel just thinks "punks will buy our stuff anyway, even if they have to buy a fridge to keep the computer cool".
4 years of lurking ...and this is what you wanted to tell? Well mate you can say what ever you want really ,that's freedom of speech . how serious people take your comments ...well that's another thing.
They are working on a lot of stuff but what ever major they are cooking it is not ready to reveal .. so it might take a while but a response will come ......
At least i believe it will come !
Intel pushing clocks "to the moon" in the hope to stay relevant against AMD's superior architecture... power be damned !
Are we back into the Pentium 4 vs Athlon 64 days ?
Or just history repeating itself...
They did and still do I'm afraid. Regardless of whether you like it or not. Try harder in calling me a troll, I will go down to your level to be on par and start calling you a salty close minded fanboy.
Show me a single official Intel document with more then 3 pluses, then. It doesn't exist.
never had a problem, even with that crap called virtualbox, AMD hardware is perfectly capable of run virtual machines, hardware virtualization is a de-facto standard for most CPUs of both AMD and Intel since 2005/2006, older CPUs or CPUs without AMD-V*/Intel-VT* can run virtual machine with paravirtualization. But I confess I never used a VIA x86 CPU under a virtual machine....
Everybody has a plan but how "The Plan" unveils is a different matter.
The only plan now is that we finally have a choice and not "what intel cpu to buy now for my upgrade"???
Certainly I would not want a day to come when we will wonder what AMD cpu to buy for upgrade because AMD will have the same tactics as Intel rest assured about that.
Now we can choose and this is the only plan that I prefer.
I guess intel wants to create their own FX9590, the are very jealous of it!
Its capable but very slower
RVI and EPT works in the same way. Ryzen NOR Threadripper NOR Epyc have any performance issue on virtualization environment.
Maybe it's your setup wrong. Or is just you writing fake statements. Probably you don't even know the difference between segmentation and pagination without searching it on the net, so you do not know what SLAT is.
Then there are the Intel bugs without real working fixes except disabling Intel SMT (HyperThreading).. Yeah, really a fantastic deal today using a xeon..
looks you never used this to compare, maybe you want see a third party numbers for example
So link some third party numbers
@squalles you could eventually want to consider how to post your statements, ideas, finding, experiences.
In this forum, and in general in this new fashion in which people are divided in team red and team blue, saying `VERY SLOWER` without having sources is counter effective.
Nowadays for every AMD cpu there is an INTEL cpu that performs nearly identical ( at a different price or at same price ), saying that AMD are very slower without saying which one, compared to what, seems wrong.
Seems wrong in general and seems wronger without sources/tests.
You will attract just diffidence posting in this way.
I say before and will repeat again, i saying what i see with my own eyes, now i posting one third party numbers just to show because these guy dont believe, but okay, i give up, amd are better in everything and i dont see nothing, happy now? Ok, bye