COOLit ECO...

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by ProfBP, Jun 5, 2010.

1. ProfBP

ProfBP Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX
    I just installed it, but I've noticed a few things. The fan RPM is only around 1388rpm, it its supposed to go to 1800? Also while my temps are not bad, they are idling at the low to mid 40s. The North bridge and VGA are reporting similar temps, but I was expecting more for a liquid cooler.

2. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970
    First,no ALC perform as a DIY liquid cooling kit,all ALC are alternatives to a highend air cooler.
    With that said check if there is a fan control switch on it and set it to max and if your northbridge doesn't have a fan i would recommend a antec spot cool fan.

3. ca1v

ca1v Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870 Vapour X
    Spot coolers are surpising v.good :)

4. invisible69

invisible69 Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 4870x2 2GB
    If it's connected to your motherboard header, make sure that it's set to 100%(Full Speed) from the motherboard, because it might be varying according to temperature and you might need to set it to higher speed (Turbo Fan Profile on some Asus motherboards)

5. ProfBP

ProfBP Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX
    Thanks guys! Got the bios figured out, and the fan is running as needed.

6. invisible69

invisible69 Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 4870x2 2GB
    Mind if I ask you what temps you're currently seeing under linx at what voltage/speed?

I'm running a small air cooler (Arctive Freezer 7 Pro) @ 4GHz and I get to mid-80's, so I'm currently undecided whether I should invest in a good air cooler, a small water cooler like this, or a full water cooling system.

7. Understandable

Understandable Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SC 900/1800/2200
    U r not alone..my idle temps are idling at 39 with the eco....well when i had my cooler master 212+ running with just one fan it was idling at 39. Something is just not right here:( do u hear any sound from your pump at all? Its so quiet im wondering if its even working. For some reason everest is showing 1945 on the cpu RPM.

8. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saffire AMD R9 285
    watch your load temps not your idle temps...

9. Understandable

GPU:
    GTX 570 SC 900/1800/2200
    Wel... running IBT i still get over 57 degrees,no different than the cooler master. I thinking bout taking it off and use my arctic silver 5 paste instead of the paste that already was on it.Even so lots of people had lower idle temps as well.There should be a 5 or 6 degree difference u would think.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  10. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    How much over 57C if its not much sounds ok to me for a 6 core chip.

Idle temps are depended on ambient temps, as you in Vegas your room temp might be quite high anyway.

11. Understandable

GPU:
    GTX 570 SC 900/1800/2200
    Ya, i didnt know room temp still plays a factor when switching over to water cooling.The high today is 108 degrees:( Been trying to figure out what my temps are. Everest and fanspeed is showing my temps at 38-39(idle) while core temp and open hardware monitor is showing 27-29(idle). Which one is more accurate?

12. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Well he must have air conditioning, it would be unbearable otherwise.