Cooler Decision help

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by EnzoF1, Feb 11, 2006.

1. EnzoF1

EnzoF1 Master Guru

GPU:
    X1800XT 512mb (Aquaxtreme MP-1)
    Hello. Well i just got a new x850xt pcie. And i have 2 gripes with it. First of all If i want the temperature to stay stable while gaming...i have to push fan to 100 percent, which makes an unbelievable amount of noise. LIke a gas blower in my room. I know this is normal design of the thing. And even with this noise it still doesnt cool that well to justify me keeping with the noise. So ive decided to upgrade the cooler on it. I would also like to oc it as well. And im stuck between a Zalman VF770 cu...or a artic cooling silencer in comparable price range..havent done too much research. Ive heard good things about that silencer but it isnt compatible with all cards..I would like something that i might be able to use on a future card..So everything considered Which one will cool my card BETTER?

2. dr4gon

dr4gon Active Member

GPU:
    ATi Sapphire 4870 512MB
    Go with the Arctic silencer 5 rev. 2 I think you will be quite pleased as I have been with mine. Its ultra quiet and effectively cools the card.

3. 5had0w

5had0w Active Member

GPU:
    HIS X800GTO IceQ II iTurbo (R480)
    Yeh agreed! My gfx came with it and I'm very satisfied! noise is <=20dB which is the best you can get and the cooling is just amazing, really low temps:dave:

4. EnzoF1

EnzoF1 Master Guru

GPU:
    X1800XT 512mb (Aquaxtreme MP-1)
    The only thing thats stopping me is the cooler compatibility.. In the future when i upgrade my card and put a new cooler on it the ati silencer will go to waste...but the zalman has great compaitibilty. Hey on a diff note when is that new zalman cooler coming out?

5. YurAnus

YurAnus Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobile Radeon HD 5730
    The arctic silencer is great. My card runs @ 560/621 and idle temp is 31c load is between 50-53c. Very quiet and it helps keep case temps cool with the exhaust.