Control

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 12, 2018.

1. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Oops, wrong thread.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  2. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  3. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim

Undying likes this.
  4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Man this game is gonna be so much fun...

[​IMG]

5. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I love Remedy.. I just replayed the Max Payne series (although they didn't do the 3rd one) and a going to replay Alan Wake, then on to Quantum Break before Control. I have quite a bit of time though as I'll be waiting for the Steam/GoG release of the game.

A lot of people are commenting on the videos and trailers in regards to the Control being slow/boring.. I think Remedy do a really great job of general game pacing and giving you moments of immersion in their world-building and story-telling.. so I don't think that's going to be a problem. Not every game needs to have bombastic action every second.

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Sam Lake has said to him, story and character are just as important, if not more so then the action.

So, it's not about endless waves of action and set pieces. It's about building a world, strong characters and working the gameplay in around it.
    Sam wasn't a writer on Quantum Break, and it shows. But, he's back as the lead writer on Control.

Undying and Kolt like this.
  7. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Not sure if this has posted yet, my god it looks awesome!

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    The real raytracing showcase. This will be the first game that im sad about not having an rtx card.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    Lol really?

The moment I saw that pathetic Ai npc interaction it was dead to me instantly. Rtx or not.

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Does not look more braindead than QB and that game was fine. As for graphics you must admit it looks good. Im sure it looks even better with rtx.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Nah.. It's no where close to QB, here in control it's like from some generic Mmorpg characters intercation across the world where all speak static robotic.

Check those longer play videos again.. so boring.

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Has there been any information about how long it will take to finish the game?

13. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    My impressions of the vo and visuals so far have been - lifeless sounding vo/conversation plus interiors with reflective surfaces - the game.
    It might actually be interesting, it just doesn't come across as being that from the promo stuff ive seen

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Hmmm.
    In the footage shown, I personally believe the game looks better without the raytracing. Making everything shiny and reflective doesn't make it look good, just looks a bit... meh.

Thomas Puha of Remedy has said on average, 10 to 15 hours. While a more "thorough" play-through could take up to 20 hours.

Netherwind and KissSh0t like this.
  15. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    when is this game dropping vs kojimas?

because side by side they might not want to be anywhere near death stranding to draw comparisons. and isnt that due out this year?

17. I find this playthrough absolutely terrible. Not because of the game, but that stupid/childish commentary and nonstop giggling totally ruin the atmosphere of the game. They comment it as if they were playing some kind of Mario Kart game or something.

18. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I'll wait till it comes out to see how reception of it is.
    Alan Wake was alright. Got kind of boring. Quantum Break was impossible to play because it ran like ass.
    I don't care what developers promise, the track record of saying what they need to, to sell copies is there. I still say this game will run like ass, especially with RTX on. And none of these trailers make me think the game itself is very fun. Hopefully it's better than it looks.

19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The Steam version of Quantum Break runs much better then the original release.
    And Alan Wake is one of my all time favorite games.

I have more faith in Control since Remedy developed it from day one as a PC title. While Quantum Break was developed as a Xbox One exclusive, and they were only allowed to make a PC version in the last few months of the development cycle.

Also, as for RTX... couldn't care less. I think the game looks better with it off.

Undying likes this.