Control

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 12, 2018.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Yeah it's good, around 6 hrs in myself and the game's properly starting to click.
    Story seemed a bit too wtf at first but now I really want to dig deeper.

Best character is Ahti hands down, I laughed out loud at some of the Finnish aphorisms clumsily (on purpose) translated to English.

(Btw character is both modeled of and voiceacted by Finnish actor Martti Suosalo.)

DannyD and Undying like this.
  2. Archvile82

Archvile82 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW U
    RT is definitely something you need to see in realtime, a bit like HDR. Compressed YouTube videos don't do it justice.

In time the technology will really come into its own when Devs start building their games from ground up knowing it's there day 1. Like the enhancements it could bring to a horror games atmosphere is something I'm looking forward to.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    I keep switching RT reflections on every now and then to see the difference between normal SSR and RT.

The biggest reason I default to RT off alongside the performance cost is there is a notable delay in reflections updating when you move the camera compared to SSR.
    When I started noticing it that was a deal breaker.

But yes, in places RT reflections make a huge difference to SSR.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Would like to see the game with rt on but its definitely not a deal breaker. Control is one of my favorite games this year and played the entire thing on medium-high details with rt off, still amazing.

DannyD and angelgraves13 like this.

5. DannyD

DannyD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    I got my first jump scare, funny cause i could almost feel it coming.
    i was getting to the Panopticon to reach my bro, and as i pulled on the light switch his face jumped on screen
    Ah got me good.:D

Undying likes this.
  6. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    lól :)