Control

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 12, 2018.

1. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    exactly , sharpening filter is wonderful for this game

XenthorX likes this.
  2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Finished it yesterday, wow! What a game! Very happy to have played it.

MerolaC and XenthorX like this.
  3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Side missions are worth every bit of your time also*

MerolaC, Netherwind and cerebus23 like this.
  4. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz

sadly my CRT died half a year ago.....

XenthorX likes this.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    CRT vs QLED IPS Ultrawide 144hz 4K HDR

Are they insane?

6. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz
    no they are not.. ;)
    i played on my Sony CRT the last 6 years till it died half a year ago.
    But i can say it just looks better, smoother, nicer etc.. WHat they say is all true. at least its the same thing i have experienced..

The BLACKS!! are insane on CRT´s... Best Black Levels you can have..

I cant whait for the Next video theyr doing on this...

G*addict and Xtreme512 like this.
  7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    can't find any crt on retail store, my desk would probably collapse also :p

8. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I had one of the 21" CRT monitors for gaming,after cutting a hole in my custom desk I built into the wall for one of these CRT ,which was a pain in the butt,took it out after a couple days and never went back to CRT again.Still have the hole in the desk lol.
    Now I started looking for the more famous models and prices are crazy on sites.So I actually drove around on garbage day this week,at night time trying to get lucky and find one of these big old monitors.
    I Check out some second hand stores and I mostly got what is a CRT monitor from the young ones at the stores.Still going to look and I wanna see first hand if I remember if it was a pain in the butt or did I miss something special and should buy on e of the good old Sony Trinitron FW900

XenthorX likes this.
  9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
  10. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    Hi guys

Finished the game few days back, I enjoyed the game,finished like main story/mission and side stories/missions

Still would preferred if game have been lot longer, if I would replay it again, probably yes but not in near future

There have been a few missions which have been quite challenging but still great game

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

11. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    I don't have installed GFE and this Nvidia Sharpening filter would definitely help in this game

Not sure if Reshade does work in DX12 because last time I tried got CTD

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

12. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    I have CAS working in the game via Reshade under DX12.
    I posted about it some pages back.

jura11 likes this.
  13. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    Finished as well with all the side missions, great game for me, Remedy didn't let me down. What they did with the credits was funny haha! It's just a shame that it's gonna take a lot of time before the new content comes out, I'd really like to play more of this.

I agree that CRTs give the best image possible (I miss them so much, difference is huge) but it feels like they made this video to tell us "hey if you have a 2080ti and your game runs like crap, try it on a CRT with a lower resolution! But first, spend 1000+ dollars for an used FW900!" :D

14. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    I have an old EIZO T962 21" 1600x1200@100Hz - also with Sony Trinitron screen. I tested that a few weeks ago actually :) The biggest difference that strikes you instantly after you get used to an LCD is very smooth motion and very fast response. Contrast is also better, but comparing to my professional LCDs, it's not that much of a difference...

Honestly, after using the CRT for a few days I was happy to go back to my SIPS + ATW LCD. Color stability, readability, overall sharpness and screen size...

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  15. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Finished it too. 1080p/ all rtx stuff on.
    Can't say i was disappointed but i was left with a meh feeling. Forgettable story since you cant really connect with the character(s) when you completely lack context. They needed to give an origins story to engage people with the current goings on.

And the game it self progression/pace wise would have felt like a far better experience if instead of arbitrary story key cards they'd used the abilities exclusively as means of accessing new places and progressing to the next point in the story.

The RTX wow effect has been rather... Super exaggerated by mainstream media shills too. It degrades image quality more than it improves graphical quality. 1.03 did improve the horror inducing noise however, so at least the 2nd half of the game for me wasnt too bad. And yes I used the sharpening post processing thing, it cant undo what you give up vs all rasterized visuals.

-Tj- likes this.

16. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I agree with you 100% ,I must admit ,before the patch the game was not playable at all for me.After the patch it is fine and one of the best parts of the game is smashing stuff.
    I stopped using the Nvidia sharpening tool because it shuts of every start or every second start.
    Got my money's worth and the game is fun,more than I can say about a lot of games.

17. Quicks

Quicks Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
  18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    This definitely shows where Remedy's priorities actually lie.

Alan Wake was exclusive to 360 because of MS, then... later they brought it to PC in a truly fantastic PC port.
    Quantum Break, again exclusive to Xbox because of MS, then MS gave them a few months to try and scrap together a PC port, it fell short because Remedy had limited time and resources.
    Even with MS approving it, MS wanted the main focus on the console release.
    And, given that MS owns the QB IP, even after release and with the Steam release... Remedy could only update under MS's approval.

Now, operating on their own. Control comes out... on all platforms. And Remedy, built it for PC then worked it onto consoles.
    And what happened, PC version is the best of the bunch, while consoles struggle with performance and random issues.

Undying and MerolaC like this.
  19. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    Priorities are not ok even now because Alan Wake was xbox exclusive for a while, Quantumn Break was Windows Store exclusive for a while and Control is Epic Game Store exclusive for a full year.

They should check their priorities if they have decided to annoy a good part of their fans on PC in exchange for ensuring 200K copies sold.

Kolt likes this.
  20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Now I feel like finishing Quantum Break since you guys talk about it :)