Control

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 12, 2018.

1. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I thought this was a good video last week,speaking some truth.

Tech Press Accidentally Prove RTX Ray Tracing ISN'T Ready!

Undying, millibyte and warlord like this.
  2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    That's fine, if that's how you feel.

Personally, story and gameplay come first. Always. yes, visuals can improve, elevate and help invest you in the world. But, they a game can be an amazing, engrossing experience even without a feature, with a setting turned off...
    I find it foolish to say the game "has to be" experienced with RTX.
    The game still looks fantastic without, plays great (better) without since you're not sacrificing performance... and the story is always fantastic regardless of settings.

Sorry, but you'll never convince me differently.
    Gameplay and story come before visuals. And right now, I view RTX very similar to past "hot features" that have come and gone. A gimmick to sell new cards, and one that's not worth the money.

3. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    No one said there isn't a difference. It's just that it's hardly worth the massive frame rate hit.

Mufflore likes this.
  4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    100% agree.

Mufflore likes this.

5. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    finished it

10/10 , amazing game , extra missions are there for extra fun

6. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    I think this is just plain clickbait YT crap, no offence...

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    good video gerard

8. gerardfraser

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Same as all the other YT videos,there making money and the more subscribers the more you make.Makes sense for these titles to try and reign in viewers ,competition is tough on YT now.

I thought the guy was speaking the truth,I enjoyed the video,even though I do like RTX features.

9. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Gotta buy this at some point. I want to see the digital version of Martti Suosalo.

10. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2080 Ti
    This video is stupid. It's a new technology and this guy is whining about limitations most don't care about?

Just seems like another salty person who didn't buy a 2080 and wants to crap on anyone who did.

At 8:16 mark, after just going on about how ray tracing barely provides any visual upgrade "You can see the stark difference here with ray tracing" ... ummm dude?

11. gerardfraser

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Yeah the video can be stupid if your a fanboy that just shut's down when something that you do not agree with is addressed.To be honest 99% of people playing games would not be able to tell the difference RTX on/off ,hell i can not even tell in this game unless there is a mirror reflection somewhere.
    I still liked the video.I still like RTX,I still bought 4xRTX 2080 and will be buying more RTX in the future.

The game has become enjoyable with the latest patch.I can actually play without be distracted by the terrible graphics noise when standing still ,although when moving the the noise returns some and textures get blurry,even LOD on textures not loading in until your on top of them.

For still screen though,looks good ,check out the ass,oh i mean the pant detail.Do not look to long because the game will set the blur back in after 10-15 seconds and all detail will be lost.
    [​IMG]

warlord and Mufflore like this.
  12. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    You need at least 8*2080 rtx to make that azz realistic, because there is not enough power or curves. o_O:p:D

13. gerardfraser

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    LOL it is terrible.No Lara Croft ,f I can not speel.spelt croft girls name wrong.

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Ok so this is the exact place and take a look at my image. This is DX12, High settings with radeon image sharpening. You dont loose detail when you look at this ass. :D

[​IMG]

warlord likes this.
  15. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    It is great, but not perfect. Still no tessellation for what's inside the pants. :p SJWs won the flat vs curved war. :(

Undying likes this.

16. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2080 Ti
    Yeah I'm a fanboy when I call out someone contradicting themselves multiple times in their own video... But please continue to try to convince us all that we don't notice RTX for your own self-satisfaction... LOL

17. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Zotac AMP!
    Idk why people get so bent out of shape about ray tracing. It's a necessary stepping stone in graphical advancements, the more games that have it the better, even if you can't use it at the framerates you'd like currently.

I don't really understand how anyone could see it as a gimmick, that's like saying real time shadows/lighting are a gimmick over prebaked. It's just better, performance may not be there just yet but that's all there is to it.

Even if I couldn't use it currently, I would personally want to see it implemented in all games that could benefit moving forward, because I like my graphics to look pretty.

Kolt likes this.
  18. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

Thats all this forum is now. You can't mention rtx without the anti rtx crowd coming down on you.

If you bought a RTX gpu and enjoy it you should feel bad apparently.. I bought my 2080ti because I wanted to change from 1080ti sli.
    The general fps increase is what I bought it for but all these rtx features are nice little additions, A nice bit of icing on the cake.

Its cool new tech to play with that isnt forced on anyone but its always those that don't have it/like it that are the vocal crowd.

I must have missed the part when a tech enthusiast forum became so negative toward new stuff.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

insp1re2600 and Kolt like this.
  19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    dont tech people always jump to the newest stuff regardless?

if you can afford it and that is what excites you gg. takes a ton of $$$ to have the latest and greatest tech, and some jealousy angle i bet there in some of the hate.

But RTX is far more hype than substance for most and the framerates are not ideal, makes for great screens in some situations and on others it looks iffy? fake ray trace stuff, and stuff you could already do via cube maps and etc since what quake 2?

What do we want as far as displays go? what about vr? ray tracing for vr in what 30 years?

or do we want 20k plasma screens?

resolution or vr or better textures and more polys.

i think the industry is not even sure where things are going hence some floundering with over hyping the viability of this tech.

in my opinion at lest.

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I am all for raytracing and im wishing we would all see it in our games soon. There are 7 RTX cards and only 1 or 2 are capable showing the effect without severe performance issues, thats the problem. All three users above me deffending the techonology have 1300$ card. Thats luxury guys.