1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Control

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 12, 2018.

1. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    Plenty of people in this thread are ruining their experience on the PC version by scrutinizing the FPS counter at the top of their screen instead of playing and enjoying. Pro-tip: RTX OFF.

TheDeeGee and jbscotchman like this.
  2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti XS OC
    Haha so true on so many levels. This is why I bought a 1660 Ti instead of a 2060. If I had a 2060 I would just be constantly frustrated trying to run RTX with crappy results.

Dragam1337 and TheDeeGee like this.
  3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I only ever turn on the FPS counter if I'm experiencing issues.
    Otherwise, I leave that off.

I've noticed most people, if they've got that up... they spend more time watching the FPS then actually playing the game.

Archvile82, scatman839 and MerolaC like this.
  4. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Probably best to lock to 30 fps and play this, just like Quantum Break. We'll need 30 series cards to play this at 60 fps at 4K.

Guess I'll save up for that next year.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Well, if you want to play at 4K... yes.
    If your'e good with 1080p, Quantum Break is easy to attain a solid 60fps in. And, you can use Nvidia's Freestyle filters to apply a sharpening filter and counter the game's blur.

6. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    Unfortunately with Adaptive VSYNC you can spot dips below 60 almost instantly even without FPS counter.

7. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    yeah , EGS is at it again , crashing when i'm trying to install control

other games in my library installs just fine , only control crashes it lolz

8. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    I'm running Rivatuner all the time without turning it ever off, i barely look at it, only when running a game for the first time and change settings until i'm satisfied.
    But after that it doesn't bother me at all.

9. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    Hi there

At 4k not sure, but I played at 3440x1440 with everything at max with RT maxed, turned off DLSS, SSAO and Screen Space Reflections Quality and FPS have been quite good in 70-85FPS mostly, there have been some dips but nothing major

With DLSS game doesn't look good at all, its mess on ultrawide monitor

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  10. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Patch Today,I have read that they may have fixed the bad graphics with all the noise in the game,going to try to play again.

EDIT:The game patch did indeed fix the noise in the game on textures,ray traced indirect diffuse lighting is also fixed.This should be awesome now without distraction.

GENERAL
    • Bug and crash fixes to missions, combat and overall game play
    • Fixed multiple issues with the PC launcher related to DX11/DX12 crashes
    PERFORMANCE
    • Improved title stability on all platforms
    • Improved general frame-rate performance through optimisations made to multiple systems and content
    UI
    • Improved map loading times (map will no longer tease information)
    • Motion Blur On/Off toggle added to Options menu – Film Grain On/Off toggle added to Options menu
    • Fixed incorrect UI behaviour on ultra-wide monitors (PC) – Fixed multiple issues when incorrect subtitles are shown for multiple languages
    • Fixed issue when the game centers the aim on Jesse’s head – Fixed multiple UI related issues
    PROGRESSION
    • Fixed an issue when player could not acquire ‘Pierce Charging Efficiency’ and ‘Spin Grouping Efficiency’ upgrade
    • Fixed issue when Crafting Charge and personal Mods would not give the Weapon/Mod but take the materials (Sorry. The Board was greedy) – Fixed issue that prevented players activating the Pierce weapon form upgrade
    • Fixed issue when Jesse is unable to cleanse the ‘Transit Corridor South’ Control point upon returning from Prime Candidate Program area in the mission The Face of the Enemy – Fixed an issue when Heptonstall would not spawn during certain story missions in the “Old Friends” side-mission (still looking for his buddy Remus)
    • Fixed issue when Hiss Barrier remains in the Directorial Override mission’s Control Room if the player dies during the binding cut scene
    SOUND
    • Fixed issue when certain licensed music tracks play after enabling the ‘Mute Copyrighted Tracks’ option
    • Fixed and issue when audio is out of sync in the Dr Darling videos (PS4)
    MISC
    • Fixed issue with the Charge weapon forms erroneous blast radius causing (way) too much visual damage to the environments
    • Fixed an issue where game would stall when completing a story mission and unlocking a trophy (PS4)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Undying likes this.

11. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    Could someone post new screenshots? I'd like see the difference, if any...

12. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    the patch didn't do much for performance , ray tracing high preset still dips to the 30s @ 4k w DLSS on

13. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Duel OC 8
    Why is the patch 22Gb holy frack

14. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    around 330mb for me

15. gerardfraser

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Yeah I also seen 330MB on Epic and total size is 34.4GB

16. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    It will never cease to amaze me that to this day, there are developers who thing these are settings to have permanently turned on... Same goes for vignetting (my personal pet peeve, just before film grain).

17. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Duel OC 8
    well for me it's 22GB for some reason. Although when the patch tried to initialize apparently I didn't have enough space on the hard drive, so I removed some stuff but it still was just stuck and wasn't doing anything. So I quit the program. Well, came back and it's downloading 22GB. The folder has grown to now 60. soooo I dunno lol.

18. sertopico

sertopico Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    So, how does it run now? A bit better?

19. gerardfraser

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    It is mind boggling on a PC game to not have choices ,also I am happy to play on PC so you can make your own choices and get rid of most things that should not be there in the first place.

More Stuff From-control community blog

Free DLC content includes Photo Mode and a challenging new game mode

Hi everyone! Today, I want to hand over to our friends at Remedy, who have some exciting Control updates to share with our community…

Over to you, Thomas and Mikael…

Control – What’s Next?

Now that Control has launched and we’ve been able to get a few updates out of the way, it’s time to take a look at what’s coming next. We will continue to build on the world of Control, creating additional game content all the way through 2020. We already have a small team in place at Remedy that’s busy working on post-launch content.

Here’s a brief overview of what’s coming to Control…

First up, while some crafty PC players “unlocked” their own versions of this already, we are working on a much-desired Photo Mode, which will enable you to take some awesome snapshots of Jesse in the Oldest House. Make sure you unlock all of her costumes to flex by the time the Photo Mode arrives this fall. We’ll have more information on this soon.

New Game Mode
    In December, we will release a new game mode for Control that we are currently calling Expeditions. This will be a challenging new end-game mode in which Jesse must help Security Chief Arish explore the mysterious Formation and its strange surroundings. Here you will face the some the greatest challenges that the Oldest House can throw at you. You will need the best gear and abilities to survive. Expeditions is free for all players.

Expansions
    Moving ahead to 2020, there will be two full, paid expansions that our team is hard at work creating: The Foundation and AWE. Both of these will offer new story missions, enemies, and game mechanics, and take place in new locations within the Oldest House.

The Foundation will delve into the history of the Oldest House. At the request of the ever-mysterious Board, Jesse must explore what lies beneath the Bureau as she returns order to the Foundation and the Oldest House itself. Expect things to get weird.

The second expansion, AWE, will take Jesse into a new part of the Oldest House, the Investigations Sector, where the Bureau closely examines Altered World Events.

Finally, we would like to thank everyone from press to fans and the entire community for your support and feedback. The amazing response to Control means the world for us. Keep it coming!

Mikael Kasurinen (Game Director)
    Thomas Puha (Communications Director)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 2:30 AM
    jura11 and Undying like this.
  20. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Expansions, huh? Well, since the game seems to be quite short (seems to be the general consensus), I'll be definitely getting this next year, once it comes with the expansions prepackaged. Who knows, maybe at that point it will also run better.