1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Control

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 12, 2018.

1. jmmy23

jmmy23 Member Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    i will definitelly replay this game too when i finish. Atmosphere and graphic are gorgeous :)

2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    I.... I love Epic, they just released Unreal 4.23 btw, feel free to download it and play around :D

There's so many details and incredible things happening in this game, i' not even referring to ray tracing, but for smoke effects for instance they're physically simulated in screen space, this is insane, looks fantastic.

3. Quicks

Quicks Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
    I don't know, graphics seems crappy and performance vs visuals very questionable. Game play confusing who what and why do not get explained, I have only played maybe 45 min an I get feelings of regret and delete.

4. Quicks

Quicks Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
    The motion blur is the worst can not stand it, normally the first thing I disable in ALL games. Why do developers present in using motion blur to cover lack of environment.

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    This is my game of the year so far really.
    Motion blur toggle and photo mode are coming next patch.

MerolaC and eGGroLLiO like this.
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    When do you get shield? I must be something like 2 hours unto the game and still dont have it.

XenthorX likes this.
  7. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2080 Ti
    Do the side missions to hunt for the objects of power.

XenthorX likes this.
  8. sertopico

sertopico Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    This is one of those games which finally doesn't continuously hold your hand telling you what to do from the beginning to the end. As you progress pieces of the story, as well as gameplay mechanics, will come together giving you a clearer idea of what's going on. Just make sure to read the stuff you find around and to do the side missions. Exploration is extremely important.

9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Side missions are also as good if not sometimes better than main story missions.

10. sertopico

sertopico Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    Definitely. I just stumbled upon the fridge mission. God, that thing is hard to beat!

11. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    Boss fights a pretty annoying in this game and believe me the Fridge boss is very easy compared to the one in the underground where the Mold lives... Just another stupid way to increase gameplay time, otherwise it would be a sub 5 hours game.

12. sertopico

sertopico Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    Yes, I tried to beat that after beating the fridge thing and I miserably died, so I'll go back there once Jesse gets a bit stronger. I do not agree about what you wrote: Bosses must be challenging, you wouldn't call them boss fights otherwise... What i learnt from previous encounters is that for every one of them there is a specific strategy to use, as well as specific powers. Once you get that it becomes easy to kill them. What I really do not like is the checkpoint system which forces you to repeat sections in order to reach your objectives. In case of death, they could have implemented a thing like "Reload from last boss fight" or "Reload from last freeroaming area".

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  13. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    Alan Wake was amazing. yeah, added it to the list. will wait for a Steam release..
    thanks for the comment.

it becomes more and more common now that some games are EGS exclusive on release, so
    i might as well enjoy Control next year with more updates\patches on release. will never install EGS on my system :)

Kolt likes this.
  14. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    You probably have higher threshold for challenging vs annoying, which is alright especially in games without difficulty settings :) Stupid game mechanics including respawning at control point, which forces you to walk the same area again and again are beyond challenging for me, such mechanics are plain and simple annoying. And as a casual player, I don't need to be "challenged" in bossfights by random instakills by falling through ground in case of The Fridge or ridiculous damage output in case of The Mold. There is no way to go around this, this game has so many annoying mechanics to artificially prolong the gameplay time, like confusing map without HUD navigation, no proper save/load or checkpoint system, no fast travel from current position, spawning multiple waves of enemies, no difficulty settings etc...

---
    And to combat in general, well... considering almost every hit from higher enemy can reduce you life to a half and game can spawn multiple enemies right behind you or above you, there is a big problem with player awareness in such a fast paced combat. KB+M players have really big advantage here because 180 degree rotation with mouse is so much faster and yet the difficulty setting is the same for all platforms. In the end players realize that throwing objects is actually the only viable option in large fights, because (when upgraded) the damage is brutal and you don't even have to aim. That also makes guns pointless in the end. Another problem is health management, which usually forces player with low health to go right between multiple enemies to regain his health, which is completely stupid. I definitely expected more from a Remedy game. This feels like a game from small indie developer built on Remedy's engine. Considering all these annoying "features", gameplay time and story, this is a 4/10 game. Selling this for 60 dollars is just outrageous. Shame on me buying games just for nice visuals :)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    -Tj- likes this.
  15. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    The noise,shadow weird thingy going on in the game, I do not know what to call it but it does annoy me,the game can look great but at times it is a mess.

Example:Restart for all resolutions,continuous recording on shadowplay and restart of game between resolution change for anyone interested.

3840x2160 native resolution scale 3840x2160 + 4xMsaa
    1920x1080 resolution scale 3840x2160
    3840x2160 native resolution scale DLSS 2560x1440

jura11 likes this.

16. Loster

Loster Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW3 2080TI
    It is a Ray Traced Feature, in this case it is coused by the Ray Traced Indirect Diffuse Lightning.

As far as i know, this generation of Raytracing uses only one lightbounce which results in a noisy image, which needs to be filtered out.

17. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Great thanks.

18. jmmy23

jmmy23 Member Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    Just thinking if OC my Waterforce AOrus Xtreme 2080 Ti will make sense to that game?
    I mean in critical dips to 40 fps on 1440P all HIGH it will help?

Now its stock,no oc,power limit 100%. Maybe try to raise power limit ?

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    SO... the PS4 is truly awful.
    Rented a copy to try, and... good lord.

Hitching, jerking, pauses and stutters. Plus the sluggish frame crawls.

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Idk why you even tried it on console without trying PC first, it will just ruin your experience.