Control

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 12, 2018.

1. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    Okies i heard game is good, i think i will buy.

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Does anyone here can share some insights of the performance who isnt playing it on a 1300$ gpu?

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    The Meta Council thread had some info but it looks like it's a pretty demanding title even without the RTX effects so it can chug, stutter and dip around 40 FPS though on compatible NVIDIA systems it sounds like DLSS is doing a better job upscaling allowing a similar native-res experience at a higher framerate though it still retains some inherent blur and the game itself has a number of effects and shaders that can be perceived as blurry together with non-toggleable motion blur and film grain.
    (D3D11 and something like 3D Migoto and SpecialK and hitting the shaders would work but that's a bit more advanced than if they were to simply patch in proper toggles for these effects.)

Reports I've read mainly come from 1080's 1080Ti's and then 2060's and 2070's in addition to the 2080Ti so not exactly the common range of hardware either.
    (Fast as it is the price tag for a 9000 series CPU and a 2000 series NV GPU are more of a smaller enthusiast segment overall though there are more affordable models too and GPU wise these recent Supers might push the Pascal and some of the Turing prices down a bit too perhaps.)

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I have difficulties finding the game elsewhere than in the EGS shop.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    It's exclusive to EGS for one year.
    And, the way this deal was setup, that includes key sites. So, it's not allowed to be sold on places like Greenmangaming or the like.

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I meant that it's difficult to find on key sites, but if that's part of the deal then why was it possible to find before release on key sites? (I didn't pre-order since I wanted to be sure that there were no technical issues).

Well, in that case I'll probably skip it for now.

7. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    I haven't been paying attention to the fps, but, it's going smooth. I'd say, just like Quantum Break, but, at full render resolution (1080p)
    Settings are

[​IMG]

I am having a blast, that's for sure.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    pharma and Undying like this.
  8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Humble Bundle had a deal I think but other than that the EGS exclusivity also hit key sites and pricing since Steam handles it a bit differently and are fairly open to allowing third party key resales even taking a bit of a hit to their profits though in turn the price situation for the user is much improved.

https://fineleatherjackets.net/monkeyinflation

Monkey Island 1 and it's little joke about never paying more than 20 bucks for a video game. (Now inflation adjusted.) Which thanks to legitimate third party sites was perfectly attainable.
    I think Ubisoft has some part in this too for their games on UPlay though the situation is a bit different than full on client exclusivity and the price still isn't the greatest, Bethesda also seem to be restricting to it almost entirely being Bethesda client keys.

Think Epic had plans to expand and improve on this but not sure if that's for 2019 or later.

EDIT: Although if there was a NVIDIA coupon code deal there should also be quite a number of these available.
    (May or may not be hardware restricted though depending on how the redeem process works.)

EDIT: Think Humble also bungled up initial key availability but perhaps it's been resolved by now.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Found a coupon deal for a great price so I'll install the game this evening :)

10. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti

Hey . How this guy managed 80 fps with 1440p on rtx high on 2080 ti? Because DLSS? or he used that new drivers? all other youtube had 45 fps-35fps

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    See the rendering resolution, dlss bring it down to 900p lol. No wonder he can play it 80fps. Disable dlss and the framerate is in 40's.

12. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    a yeah so this is the reason. THanks

13. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix RTX 3080
    My monitor is 2560x1440 but it won't let me do DLSS with DSR so I can't go higher than 960p with DLSS on. Anyone find a workaround for this? My FPS is high enough I could do a higher res but I have no way to force it.

I can do 4K if DLSS is off.

14. Archvile82

Archvile82 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW U
    Nothing like quantum break! Feels and plays much better on the current top end card than QB did on the top card at the time of release while having much better graphics ( in game at least ).

I think you just need a well tuned system as I haven't seen any of the reported stutters or hitchin yet, just slight reduction in fps when lots of crap is happening.

15. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    That's the FPS I'm getting with my RTX 2070. I have everything maxed out, DLSS on and no AA at 1440p - my FPS hovers over 45FPS for the most part. My only guess is that DLSS is adaptive to the card you have to provide a playable experience?

I've only played the first 2 hours of the game so far; and I have barely an idea on what the story is about.

16. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
  17. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
  18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Eh, i though its a DF PC performance. I'll wait for that one.

19. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Lol RIP consoles.

20. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    I cant believe i buy this f**** game :) Ok downloading now :)