Control Windows 10 from Windows Phone possiblities

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Rootdown, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Rootdown

Rootdown Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX670
    I've tried various "pc remote" apps and I have PC Remote Pro and I've tried the standard remote desktop app for windows phone but they don't really do what I'm trying to accomplish. I'm not sure if what I'm trying to accomplish is even possible(yet).

I'm looking to mirror my desktop to my windows phone and use my windows phone as touchscreen based controller for windows. as if my phone is a tablet extension off my pc. the remote desktop app for windows phone is nearly perfect. the biggest problem is that whenever access is granted to a remote user using remote desktop, windows locks to the user sign in screen. If that lock screen could be eliminated, I think I would be happy with that. I want to be able to lay in bed and control my pc with my phone while looking at my phone but still be able to see what's on my pc's screen(Netflix mostly).

It'd be great if I could turn on tablet mode on my pc and then mirror that to my windows phone and use my windows phone to control my pc.

I think remote assistance rather than remote desktop would be what I need but I don't think that exists for windows phone to connect through.

essentially I want to turn my phone into a very good touchscreen multimedia remote.

any ideas?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015