Continuous beeping when PC is started......

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Vehicon, Jan 29, 2018.

1. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX460
    yep myself have one Asrock D1800B-ITX +8GB RAM that I use for experiences with BSD and Linux Distros and sometimes Windows OS too and also I haven't issues I love my little mobo :D
    EDIT: my mistake this thread is only for AMD cpu's my bad ;):(

AsiJu likes this.
  2. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    Many
    SPAMMER, did TOMS send you here?

Vehicon likes this.
  3. Jamin280672

Jamin280672 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX480 8gb Boost
    I built my Dad a computer last year, he had a right old pile of pre-built junk that he obviously got ripped off with, so I decided to secretly build him something fairly decent, I was very pleasantly surprised with the motherboard and would highly recommend it, it was an ASUS A88XM-Plus, I stuck in 8gb of HyperX, an A8-7620, 500gb Crucial M500 SSD, his original hard drive from his old machine in the end when I presented him with the machine.

Vehicon likes this.
  4. Vehicon

Vehicon Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 970
    I reflashed the BIOS tonight using F7 again. I had already replaced the battery just as a precaution even though it worked fine in another mobo. Its back up and running tonight lol. Its mind boggling on why it will work and why it wont. I think im going with a ASRock A88M-G only because of the budget, and i know a few people that have the mobo and have had no issues with it. Id love to go ASUS, but the boards are a bit expensive and im not looking to buy him top notch cause its hes not a total PC player (loves the PS4). Again guys, thanks for the replies and trying to help out. Great community for sure.

AsiJu likes this.

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Should be a fine choice, build/quality-wise seems quite similar to my previous ASRock Z97 Pro3.

It was as barebones a Z97 mobo as could be, yet worked perfectly and allowed overclocking the CPU to max potential without issues.
    I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of a budget(ish) mobo.

EDIT: just a thought but have you tried reseating the CPU? Take it out, check for bent pins in CPU or debris in socket, put it back.

Before you order the new mobo ;)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  6. Vehicon

Vehicon Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 970
    Yes I have, many times. The PC seems to boot up when that's been done. It turned it on this morning with no is issue.

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Did you order the new mobo? Report back if it helps :)

Worst case scenario would be it was the CPU all along but unlikely.
    CPU flaws are usually either or, the system works or doesn't work. Irregular issues point more towards mobo I think (when RAM etc. are ruled out).

I've had two CPU failures during PC building years and both times the same symptom:
    press power button and absolutely nothing happens as if PC was unplugged.

Vehicon likes this.
  8. dean469

dean469 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX480GTR @1385
    It could also be the wall plug not delivering full proper power all the time. It's not as uncommon as people think. Could be the cause of the inconsistent results. Try a different plug.

Vehicon likes this.
  9. Vehicon

Vehicon Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 970
    Been a busy weekend, but i must say its still very confusing since the PC has booted up without issue since Friday. I've turned it off and on about 30 times in the time period. I ended up adding the video card to the mix (RX 460) and still its booting up, playing games, and has not given me any issues. I've still yet to hear back from Gigabyte, and i find that kind of sad. I've tried to get in contact with them thru their site and on other social media they have. Have not bought the new mobo yet. Going to wait and see how things go once my son gets a hold of the PC and start using it on a regular basis. Again, id like to thank ANYONE thats replied for any kind of help or suggestions.

jaggerwild, airbud7 and dean469 like this.
  10. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Gaming Z
    Good to hear the problem hasn't come back yet.
    Looks like the battery was the culprit as nothing else changed or did I miss something? So please reinsert the old battery for testing purposes ;) J/k I wouldn't change a thing for the moment.

Vehicon likes this.

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Interesting, so since the last CPU reseat the system has worked?

12. Vehicon

Vehicon Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 970
    My son has had the PC for almost a month, and its done the fast beeping 2 times. Both times, it did a cycle of beeps, restarted, and loaded up fine. Im just hoping everything holds off til i get some of my parts updated to hand down to him.

13. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    Many
    Sorry for my last post, didn't think you were coming back...........
    Not sure why but Gigabyte boards seem to have the beeping boot loop issue(ever sense 775 socket), I have noticed certain PSU n Motherboards don't like to be used together(don't ask me why). If you have an issue again, id try swapping a different PSU see if this helps.

Vehicon likes this.