Consoles Will Fail - It's only a matter of time

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PixelPerfect, Jun 1, 2008.

1. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    no, i was just saying its almost obsolete with word of the g280 card around the corner..nothing to do with consoles. i mean a console lasts 5 years roughly, a graphics card shows its age with certain games within a year and definitly at the second year. when you reach a point when you can no longer max out detail at good resolutions.
    but i try not to care about graphics and concentrate on gameplay but each month it seems i'm having to go to lower and lower graphics options or resolutions with some games

2. skarlito

skarlito Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtech 9600 gt
    dn't worry about upgrades for games for now on.with everything goes multiplatform our pcs is gonna last long this time and cheap(for my specs i spend only 430 euros and its more capable hardware than ps3 and 360).and if a game in the future can't maxed out is because they upscale it from the console version and if you downscale it at least you have the console quality/

every platform have and will have their pros ans cons.i can't play in a 360 ps3 age og empires 3 supreme commander etc as i can't play tekken MGS4 in a pc.its a matter of taste.and some multiplatform games fit a platform better than another like rpgs(pcs) and actions(consoles).it will always be that way.but in the end its good to have them on every platform.and its good that recent ports to pcs are quality ones.

personally i prefer pcs because i live in a big room.and if i want a couch i plug a controller laid back and suits me fine(especially at pro).

and a last opinion about hardware.there is no need to give over 200 e for a gfx card.everyone knows that in the next 6 months there will be a model that performs equal and is hell of a lot cheaper like my 9600gt(140 e) that i'm absolutely satisfy with it.just search a bit before you buy something you can have it the right time and the right price. but thats my opinion and i know that a lot of people here disagree.

P.S. DX10 is a joke(just wanna say it)!

3. bahamut

bahamut Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GTS (G80) @ 600/1800
    Yep, both console versions do actually, that's why the baseline in the benchtest for the PC version is 60fps because dropping below that actually effects gameplay.