Consoles Will Fail - It's only a matter of time

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PixelPerfect, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX 260 OC (Core 216)
    Go away troll.

Like i'm (and a fair few others) going to care what some random games/PC editor is going to think,i love both my pc and my consoles.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Well done on starting another pointless stupid thread.

3. Sprecker

Sprecker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    "Ham will soon replace/phase out chicken as a resturaunt staple. Soon you will never be able to get chicken in a resturaunt again. Instead resturaunts everywhere will be switching to a more frendly, easier to produce and cost eficient meat known as ham."
    Sound familiar? Replace chicken with consoles, ham with PC and resturaunts with gaming industry. If it sounds stupid one way it's gonna be stupid the other way.
    No company will ever give up a completly reliable and stable market for no reason. There is no sane reasoning in your debate only here-say and obtuse speculation.
    If I were to make a perdiction I would say PC companies will start to produce console like gaming PC's that have gaming as a primary function with an OS with gaming in the forefront and work as an an after thought. Because that's all the PC's of today need, an OS that is built strictly with gaming in mind (just like a console). The 360 is the only reason MS hasn't released a Windows gaming platform.
    I know if they released a version of the 360 dash as standalone OS I would buy it. Just dual boot it with your XP/Vista and BOoM! gaming nervana.

4. bahamut

bahamut Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GTS (G80) @ 600/1800
    Don't care, as long as I have a box (or two) to play games on in the future, whether it be strictly labeled a console or a PC (I personally think the lines will blur further and neither will exist exclusively as far as games are concerned in the distant future, but we'll see), as long as it has the games I want to play I could care less what some idiot decides to call it.

I will say this, standardised hardware is what the industry wants. It's easier to develop for, you can extract more performance out of the available power with optimisations that are guaranteed to work and you minimise compatibility issues.

Still, silly thread, I'm almost ashamed to have contributed. :)

I think Sony beat this guy to the punch.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008

5. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB

Another useless post by another useless "on the idiot bandwagon". There will be room for consoles in the future. Why? Some people only buy consoles and do not have PCs. Getting them to buy a PC would take something super huge, such as no one attempting to make a new console. Which I have to say does not look like it is going to happen. Hell I still have my NES/SNES and my Dreamcast that I use at least 3 times a week.

6. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    This time, i agree with you.

7. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    PC gaming isn't easy as consoles, and will never be as easy until you can really just play it off the disk...Consoles, you don't need to know anything with them. Just pop it in, press some buttons, play. And it's not the truth. It's you forcing your opinion down others throats. And I don't know where the hell you're getting PCs are getting cheaper. You can't build a pc to play high quality games the same price as a console. Maybe after games and accessories for your console. AMD game is terrible too, putting low powered gpus on a motherboard, and telling people you can play games on them. Yeah, it's been done before by AMD/ATI. Only difference is it's not the Xpress series anymore.

Now stop ****ing posting, and I think you need to take your own advice.
    Except, replace console boys with PC elitist, because you don't know ****. You're just copying words from an article you read. Doesn't make you smart, it makes you a ****ing boyscout.:infinity:

8. PixelPerfect

PixelPerfect Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 285
    haha pathetic console fagg.. you are all start feeling the heat dont ya ;)

Pc's are getting cheaper and more easier all the time YES it's the truth and if you cant handle that dont post your childish POS over and over you fu.. genious!

You all make me sick and it realy shows how much dumbasses that populate the world!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  9. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    It's funny, because again you should take your own advice.
    And how does not believing, or giving 2 ****s about this article make me a console fagg? PCs are cheap already, but not for gaming. Again, it's not the truth. Unless 360, PS3, and the Wii suddenly all shut down at once, it's not the truth. Don't mix truth with half ass logic. You're calling my childish, but you're the one throwing all the childish insults. So, for a third time, take your own advice. There is no heat, there's no problem with consoles, so get over yourself. Now give me solid evidence that consoles are failing, or will fall, and maybe I'll change my tone a bit. But first, remember something boys and girls.

Take your own advice.
    Take your own advice.
    Take your own advice.
    Take your own advice.
    Take your own advice.

10. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX 260 OC (Core 216)
    Grow up.

11. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    ^
    This.

12. MountainLynx

MountainLynx Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 570 8GB
    Consoles will not die. I work in PC and Laptop service, and I see a lot of machines that belong to people that should simply never own a computer; people who install Norton, McAffee AND AVG, and wonder why they can't start up, or who, when their laptop is running slow or freezes up, decide to take the etch-a-sketch approach to fixing it. Consoles are perfect for these types, as it's nearly impossible for them to significantly fubar one without a hammer.

Likewise, PCs will not die. When was the last time you upgraded the graphics capability of your XBox? When was the last time you did your taxes on your PS2? It's the sheer versatility of the PC that will keep it alive.

13. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega56 8GB
    I invite you to come to my house. I would gladly pay your ticket. I will show you a "fag".

Guess you are one of the youngsters with no hope. Good luck in your pointless future.

14. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    Hmm... Do you have anything that could backup your (most ****ty) claims?

15. Herbert0100

Herbert0100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X 780ti 3gb
    I haven't read the entire thread. But as always there is the cycle of gaming. Everyone thinks the consoles rule the world atm. BUt consoles don't change for years. Where as pc is ever changing. Eventually pc will be the main platform and games will be ported to the consoles. Almost always happens.

16. Leodie

Leodie Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    PC´s will be more like consoles -> PCboxStation1 <- Consoles will be more like PC´s

I win! :)

17. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 Vapor-X

Spirited arguements can be enjoyable but you have bought this thread down to a sh*t slinging match.

So continuing in the vein you set..do us all a favour and kindly ##ck off.

18. Allegiance

Allegiance Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4870 1GB

Oh you are so right; it must be so much easier for developers to have to take into account every type of graphics card, CPU, RAM, chipset, O.S and how they all work together. Whether the user has the correct drivers installed, whether the user has a virus or not, whether the user has 400 different programs in the start up that is consuming 90% system RAM.

This would be so much easier for a developer, rather than just knowing the exact specs and O.S of a PS3/360/Wii.

And then your typical user wonder’s why the games run slow.

With a console, you put the game in, and it works. Simple. I can see the reason why consumer’s would not want this, and why they would rather the complicated route that is PC gaming.

You are an absolute tool. #%CK OFF!

19. PixelPerfect

PixelPerfect Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 285
    hahah relax guys I just went on a little rampage and who knows what the future may hold. but I can belive that consoles as we know them wont be much longer as I said!

They probably will go the cheap route aka Nintendo. cheap to do and cheap to sell so that's leave the heavy games for the Pc!

A console should not try to compete with a Pc, it's just a Pc wannabe and nothing more.

Look at wii thats what a console should all be about, easy cheap and fun to play.

Nintendo has got it all right and be sure of that their next console presumable called Wii 2 will just as this gen totaly smash the uppcoming crap from both MS and Sony!

ppl don give much about gfx in a console just as it should. it should just be cheap easy and fun as I said. the rest belongs to the Pc IMO!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  20. Allegiance

Allegiance Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
    Games started on consoles, and will end on consoles. Oh, and some healthy reading material below FYI.

The NPD Group tracks computer and video game sales in the United States. It reported that:

Console and portable software sales: $6.2 billion, up 8% from 2003
    Console and portable hardware and accessory sales: $3.7 billion, down 35% from 2003
    PC game sales: $1.1 billion, down 15% from 2006

Also, on what format was the recently crowned best selling entertainment release in history? GTA IV, for XBOX360 and PS3.

:banana: