Connecting IPhone to computer help

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by jeffmorris, Aug 20, 2021.

1. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    My sister has a computer with ASUS P6T Deluxe motherboard which has USB 2.0 ports. It has Windows 10. She was trying to connect her IPhone to the computer but when importing photos from IPhone to the computer, I get connection problems. Powered USB hub doesn't work. How can she connect her IPhone to her computer and import photos without connection problems?

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    use the usb 3 port

3. Espionage724

Espionage724 Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 6600 XT
    • Use an official or MFi-certified Lightning cable
    • Have iTunes installed
    • Disable Hotspot on the iPhone (so the network adapter isn't installed/used on the computer)

If the above doesn't work, then using a Linux LiveUSB of Fedora or Ubuntu should allow interactions with both the media/camera and app files on Apple devices. Still need a decent cable, but using Linux avoids any oddities with Windows. I prefer this since I rarely interact with app files and don't prefer having a full iTunes install on Windows.

4. Anie angelena

Anie angelena New Member

GPU:
    intel
    While iPhones are generally independent, self-sufficient devices, you can connect your iPhone to your computer to back up data or move large files to it.
    Following are some steps: Do the obvious. Is the iPhone switched on? Make sure to 'Trust' your computer. Check the cable. Check the USB port. Restart your iPhone and/or computer. Update iTunes. Update your operating software. Update your Driver Software.

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 Suprim X
    Should work no problem as long as your cable allow data transfer and not just charging.
    I'm using iphone 12 mini as a webcam on my pc windows 11.