confused

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by luvhany, Jul 9, 2008.

1. luvhany

luvhany Member

GPU:
    Winfast px9800GTX 512mb
    :bang::bang::bang:is norton anti-virus 2003 professional good for guard mycomputer from virus?? :bang:

2. astd

astd New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce 8600GT 5
    No, They are many better anti virus applications.
    There is a free one AVG that are good one.
    I am personally using Nod32 and it stop everything.

3. Merton

Merton Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX760 TF 2GD5/OC
    I dislike Norton products.

They get the job done, but I notice that they significantly slow down the boot-up time of my computer.

I think there is a Norton Corporate Edition, or its Synamtec Corporate edition (I think they might be the same?), that runs great. I get it free through college.

Unline the 200x versions, the Corporate Edition does not have any fancy menu's or bull****. It is clean, simple, and to the point, which is what I like.

EDIT: I have used AVG on a friend's computer that was having virus issues, and it worked great. Cleaned the computer of several viruses.

4. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    Yes, it's fine-specifically for what you asked.It will guard your computer against most viruses.I used to have 2003, and never had a problem.
    The thing is though, it is a resource hog,and too tightly integrated in your system. It seems the newer the program, the more this is true.I finally stopped using it after the 2007 edition, went to Avast, and I'm very happy.