1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conflict With Steam Overlay and RTSS?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by Tyler Dalton, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Tyler Dalton

Tyler Dalton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    Just recently I have been having a problem with the Steam overlay whenever the RTSS overlay is active. What is strange is that it works fine in some Steam games, but in others I am able to get either the RTSS overlay or the Steam overlay but not both.

The current issue I am having is concerning a game called ARK: Survival Evolved. Up until the last patch everything worked fine but now as I said, I am unable to use the Steam overlay when the RTSS overlay is active. I have tried Custom Direct3d Support and Stealth Mode, and neither makes a difference. Even when I disable the On-Screen Display the Steam overlay will not work. The Steam overlay will only work when I set the Application Detection to "None" for ShooterGame.exe. I have tried both RTSS 6.2.0 and 6.4.0 with the same results.

2. Tomatone

Tomatone Member Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 580 8GB
    Think that you need to write a email to Battleye support to put RTSS on whitelist like I did for Arma 3.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  3. Tyler Dalton

Tyler Dalton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    That's the thing though, the RTSS overlay shows up just fine. The problem is that I am unable to have both the RTSS overlay and the Steam overlay at the same time, it's like the RTSS overlay is over-riding the Steam overlay. I'm not sure if that is even a BattlEye specific issue. The part that confuses me is I'm able to run both in other Steam games just fine.

4. Tomatone

Tomatone Member Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 580 8GB
    Ok I got it wrong.

5. Tyler Dalton

Tyler Dalton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    It does seem to be a BattlEye issue as BattlEye is blocking RTSSHooks64.dll. May I ask who you contacted at BattlEye in order to get the file added to the whitelist?