Confirmed: GeForce RTX 3080 Ti with 12GB Gets Spotted in Transit

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 17, 2021.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Valid point, yes. I still think it's not smart to try and sue a manufacturer to enforce MSRP, that probably won't work in real life. Hence my point, this matter can't be solved via suing for MSRP. False advertising is the bag of tricks it seems that people like to employ, but honestly, I don't see it have much success in front of court either.

I just think the company's legal teams are pretty sure they're on safe ground right now when it comes to inflated prices.

Solfaur likes this.
  2. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Oh i agree legally speaking false advertising might very well not exist like antitrust. It's very rarely enforced these days. I was speaking more from a "moral" perspective.

3. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    I wasn't thinking to personally sue them, of course that would never happen.
    A complaint to EU Unfair Commercial Practices Directive should put them under radar (hopefully).

If that msrp was a tiny footnote not aggressively used in marketing and selling slides maybe was ok.
    But they waved that price and still do all over as a marketing strong point.

To display but a few:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Something is just not right, I understand an AIB card might come more expensive on the shelves due to custom design etc, it was always the case and they were $50 to $150 more but from $499 to $1299 for a 3070 is a long road.

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    The prices are inflated because supply has broke down. And of course companies are 100% profiting on it. But it's a textbook example of supply and demand interaction.
    And I am not sure that when those slides were released, the pandemic was a thing. Or the Evergreen. Which are both adding to the problem with is probably the lion's share of cards not even leaving China in the first place.

This is frustrating, yes, and it doesn't look right either, I absolutely agree. But honestly, I don't see what will happen or come out of even making any officials aware of yet another luxury product being more expensive currently. It's too small of a sum, or number, or share of trade to be worth the effort I'm afraid.

All we can do is weather the storm... or empty those wallets.

5. pato

pato Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060TI
    I really hope to be able to buy one for "normal" prices on release day. "Joke" is, my 3060Ti is currently about the same worth as a 3080Ti should be sold for. Or in other words, the 3080Ti would then be a free upgrade if I sell the old one.

6. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080S /2080ti
    So long as the switch pro has some level of availability i'll be happy.
    couldn't care less right now about rich mans gpu.

7. Roboionator

Roboionator Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080TI
    what ram is GDDRB G6X?

8. hwanzi

hwanzi New Member

GPU:
    nvidia 1080ti
    all of them have been bought already and being sent to the miners

9. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    Solfaur likes this.
  10. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Sure would be nice to get something for a reasonable price. My brother's PC needs a GPU upgrade and have been planning to give him my 2080, but can't do that if I can't buy a new GPU lol.