Confirmed: GeForce RTX 3080 Ti with 12GB Gets Spotted in Transit

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Thunk_It and fantaskarsef like this.
  2. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    Not coming to a retailer near you ... ever.

Skylinestar, Zenoth, pegasus1 and 7 others like this.
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I have feeling it would cost as much as 3090 if you can find that is.

Kosmoz likes this.
  4. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    This is the perfect card to replace my 1080Ti! if i could get one at a decent price...

Legacy-ZA and Thunk_It like this.

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Made in China... I am quite amazed it made it out of China to begin with.

Price wise, like Undying said, I too am 99% sure it will be very close or at what 3090s are now, which means between 3500-4000 euros here. Insane, but I might end up buying one anyway, since I simply doubt I'll have the mental toughness to hold off for another 1-2 years until this shitshow is over (and that is if it won't become the new norm by then, which too is highly possible...).

AsiJu likes this.
  6. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    What they're not telling you is this is the only batch of 24 cards to make it out of the country lol.

7. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Wonder what the cost of these things will be, since the 3080 AIB is typically around 800ish, FE is what 750?, the 3090 being at 1400 for FE. so maybe 1000? 1100? doubt it can go past that point becomes a why not just get a 3090 if it goes past that point, though sure AIB cards like STRIX will get close and make me scratch my head a lot (Think the STRIX OC is about 950 here last i looked)

Performance be 97-99% of a 3090 looking at specs

8. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Does the LA refer to Louisiana or Los Angeles? I doubt Los Angeles, or California in general, has cheap electricity, so maybe it's Louisiana. Miners don't thrive in places with large power bills.

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I wonder when the Hunger Games begin, where the winner solely wins the right to buy a GPU. Still, a battle to the death. Such things are legal in some parts of the world.

Legacy-ZA likes this.
  10. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    Directly goes to Miner farms....

Legacy-ZA likes this.

11. RED.Misfit

RED.Misfit Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Supposedly, it is the new model with hardware/software protection against mining (different from the 3060). I guess we will find out soon enough.

12. buhehe

buhehe Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700 XT
    Considering how small the gap is from 3080 to 3090 (10-15%), this Ti will be pathetic compared to its predecessors (980Ti, 1080Ti, 2080Ti) which all provided a 30-50% boost over the non-Ti version

fantaskarsef likes this.
  13. Bobdole776

Bobdole776 Member

GPU:
    zotac amp extreme 1080ti
    So, we've been hearing about the cards for ages now, seeing pics here and there of them and now we're seeing them in transit.

My guess is they're trying to build up stock by a huge amount before even announcing the cards, then they'll do one big drop all together to try and outpace the botters give us regular folk a chance at getting the cards. Lets just hope they're trying to combat the 6900xt with this thing and price it at $999 at the worst or something like that, but I'm doubtful.

If they can actually get high numbers of these cards to B&M stores with limitations on how many a person can buy, we might just see these things getting into peoples hands at a decent pace.

The 1080ti is something you can look at in regard to this. It came out late 2016 but didn't drop until today actually, the 17th of april, for the partner boards in 2017, so its looking like those rumors of a late april launch for the 3080ti might just be true. Thing is if we're just now getting pics of it in transit, then that means they're either not able to build up enough stock before launch end of this month, or they'll keep building up then announce late april or early may for a release soon after.

I just want to replace my 1080ti with something that can push my 3440x1440 monitor is all along with VR. It would be nice if this wasn't worse to get a hold of than the 1080ti was back in 2017 but really could just be a pipe dream. Lets just hope those in charge of logistics and manufacturing are competent enough to make sure things are really ready for release date, because as it stands now, everyone's sick of how hard it is to get a gpu.

No joke I've been on the discords that monitor drops of cards, and everything sells out faster than you can open the web page. The Bestbuy drop on Thursday saw multiple people getting 2+ cards and even some that got 4 while most got none. Was really easy to tell there who was botting and who wasn't. Goes to show everyone and their mom is botting these days and why not when you can sell them on ebay for double the price.

I along with many others just wanna play games is all...

Solfaur and JAMVA like this.
  14. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    No gamers got 30 series cards.... OR?....
    STEAM 30 series.PNG

Fox2232 likes this.
  15. Bobdole776

Bobdole776 Member

GPU:
    zotac amp extreme 1080ti

Well that's certainly something interesting. We do know that there were some chips hitting the market early 2021 on 3090s with old SKU numbers laser etched out and changed to something else, so that could be showing up maybe as the 3080ti in their system, but who knows.

Interesting find none the less...

16. lenivy

lenivy Guest

Fairy tales

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Oh the steam survey. I bet thats all miners trolling us again.

18. I_Eat_You_Alive

I_Eat_You_Alive Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10GB
    By the time these are actually seen on a shelf or in a glass case in a store the 4000 series will be announced and starting to ship. I am ready for this crap show to end and for the common people to be able to buy a new card without needing to take out a second mortgage or a loan. I got lucky with I got a 3080 but it is a bit of a disappointment; noticeable VRAM swap at 4k resolution even with rebar enabled. Not sure how much 2gb more VRAM will make but we will see. If I can get a Ti for sub $1000 pricing I will most likely grab one. The regular 3080 will just go into the next system down in the pecking order. Till then I will just keep using my 6900xt (rocks pretty hard).

19. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    please,stop
    according to nvidia 50% of ampere owners decided to go with a sub $300 card
    THAT DOESN'T EXIST :D:D:D:D

[​IMG]

those steam numbers are as fake as it gets

Legacy-ZA, Backstabak, jura11 and 2 others like this.
  20. Moonbogg

Moonbogg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti@2.1GHz
    This card won't be produced in numbers great enough to mean anything to us. You got people taking out loans on their home and selling their own children to buy GPUs just so they can mine. People are foaming at the mouth, going completely insane to buy as many GPUs as possible, all for themselves. We're not getting a 3080Ti. Not on launch and not until it's sold second hand after the 4000 series launches.
    And yeah, I expect it to be just as expensive as a 3090 if not much more. It's a unicorn.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    Kosmoz likes this.