Computex 2015 Exclusive: AMD Fiji GPU Die Photo

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You get a like :cheers:

2. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    The choice to remove DVI most probably also has something to do with production cost and better surround gaming support.

As for converters, they have their limits with max resolution and Hz, and they introduce latency, so I guess not everyone will be happy to use them.

3. Isbre

Isbre Member Guru

GPU:
    290X Matrix H2O
    People that are concerned about latency issues and price with adapters. A definite save for those really wanting a Fury card will be if Sapphire or some other manufacturer comes with these 3 dvi output versions, that sapphire iirc did with some of the Radeon 5xxx models when everyone freaked out about DP when running eyefinity. Haven't checked but chances are they have continued on with that concept and is rational to expect it now especially.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  4. VENGEANCE

VENGEANCE Member Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1070 HOF @2164
    HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAAAAAAA WTF ????
    and its not even faster ...what a shame:wanker:
    serious anti climax and an expensive upgrade if you go amd ..need to upgrade youre monitors as well:bang:

5. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Well if they don't have dvi then sorry have to go buy nvidia then but will have to wait and see. Maybe there will be a version with dvi on it. Let's hope so

6. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    Door is to the right.

7. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    don't forget that many games are optimized for Nvidia. just check far cry 4, Project cars and The Witcher 3. Runs great on 900 series and that's just a few games.

Now you glad you didn't. When buying new stuff it's better to have the most recent as possible features like DP. i say if you want a monitor either get one with HDMI or one with DP. but like i said if they don't come with a dvi monitor I would have to get something new unless this rumor isn't true and it's way faster then I will actually look at getting a new monitor

8. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    It might be faster than a GTX980Ti, at least up to 4GB, no one has released official approved game tests yet, we have to see those first.

As for monitor upgrade, if DVI really is gone there might be a chance that some will add it on their custom version of the card.
    Besides that, maybe a good reason to get a Free-Sync monitor.

Computerbase.de did ask Robert Hallock about DX 12 support, no confirmation given that Fiji will support DX 12.1 on top of 12.0, but he mentioned that the difference between 12.0 and 12.1 shouldn't be a game breaker...

Source:
    http://www.computerbase.de/2015-06/directx-12-amd-radeon-feature-level-12-0-gcn/

9. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    This is the whole reason AMD dumped DVI. NVidia may still offer it, but GSync and Free-Sync do not work over DVI; HDMI and Display port only.

One point learned very early on, never purchase an item that has limited itself to one interface unless the market only has the same items with only one interface. That way one is never pigeonholed down a single path if that item is not an integral component.

EDIT: At this point in the game, as far a flagship GPUs are concerned, does it really matter Nvidia or AMD if either are able to perfrom within their respective sync boundaries? Only two things I see from this point forward is does it meet the minimum sync boundary and rendering quality. Other than that, do not see how it would benefit gaming. Then again, if AutoCAD or other professional application software is important, these cards would not be on one's radar. Jack of all trades master of none would apply and the limitations are starting to surface as boundaries start to blur.

10. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    Nopes, it doesn't matter if it is AMD or NVidia, what matter is how the single flagship card from each handles new maxed out games at common resolutions and their price.
    Since 980Ti's aren't in stock here and the Fiji details most probably will be revealed before they are, I'm going to wait and see how it will handle a game like SOM at 1440p with ultra textures and everything maxed out.