Computer won't boot properly

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by veegee2, Aug 20, 2009.

1. veegee2

veegee2 Member

GPU:
    Winfast / 7900GTX / 512MB
    I turn off my computer every night and when I attempt to turn it back on in the morning I have to cycle it on using the Power Swith from 2 to 8 times to get it to start the boot procedure.

When I hit the power switch I can hear the fans running but nothing else happens. I hold the power switch in for 4 seconds and it shuts completely down. I wait several seconds and repeat the procedure until it finally boots up all the way. Once it boots it works fine for the rest of the day.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this problem? I reseated the RAM but I don't know what else to try.

Any help will be appreciated.

2. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    Try re-seating the graphics card. Do you mean that it does not even show the post/bios screen?

3. veegee2

veegee2 Member

GPU:
    Winfast / 7900GTX / 512MB
    Nothing comes up on the screen:it remains black. I will try to reset the Graphics card before I turn it off tonight and I will let you know tomorrow if that works.
    Thanks,
    Veegee2

4. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    try to disconnect pc and reset comos/bios;

btw did you OC?
    Because when i did and i got it too it was an issue with the right FSB, i oced and used 427 and it got me this "cold boot", now at 440 all ok lol.

5. jonathen85

jonathen85 Active Member

GPU:
    Inno3d nvidia GTX 275
    Firstly have you overclocked your CPU or RAM? If so you could try setting things back to stock and see if that works. Otherwise I would guess it's your RAM that is causing the problems. I say this because I had the same problem on my old PC and it started working fine after I replaced the RAM.