Computer goes slow on Games, very strange.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by KodiaRok, Aug 7, 2012.

1. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    Hi guys

About 3 Weeks ago I started playing BF3 again after a few months brake since it's release..

Now within that time my system has not changed at all, only graphic drivers have been updated and that's it.

What is strange is that especially BF3 and now Mechwarrior Online shows mainly issues.

When I play BF3 it feels like I have low FPS and also in Mechwarrior Online. It sometimes stutters or holds for a second which I never experienced before.

After first time playing BF3 I could play it without any stutter issues and whatnot. It is not totally annoying but annoying.

I can't figure out why this is happening as nothing on my System has changed. My Graphic Card Temperature is good and so is my CPU Temperature.

Here is my System Specs:

Intel 2600K (not overclocked)
    ASUS Extreme Maximus IV P67 Board with the latest BIOS.
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 4x4GB Ram
    Corsair Hydro Series H80 Liquid CPU Cooling
    Asus GTX580 DCII Graphic Card
    Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD
    WD 2TB HDD

1 weird thing I found out last week is when I went through my BIOS that my RAM are clocked at 1333mhz. But they should run on 1600mhz as advertised...however when I choose 1600mhz and I boot up, the windows loads up like in slow motion....everything opens veeeeeeery sloooooowly.
    When I switch back to 1333mhz it is fine again but won't boot in the first place.

I actually never got any bluescreens or issues, but since I do play games such as Eve Online, BF3, DIRT3, Mechwarrior Online I do find the stutter/slow fps issue a problem.

I never did a RAM check so far however....

Could anyone help me maybe or maybe point me in the right direction? Something just does not feel right....

Regards

NS

2. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    You could try going back to an older driver that you know use to work, just to test for driver issue.

For the RAM problem, remove two of the sticks so you’re using 2x4gb and see if it makes a difference.

3. volors

volors Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    What Temp. are you getting while ideal and when playing games ?

4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Check the GPUs clocks change.

Regarding ram issue:
    If you are using its rated speed, set up its rated timings and voltage for that speed as well.
    Make sure the base clock is at 100MHz.