computer desks advice - sorry if in wrong place

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Mooshan, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Mooshan

Mooshan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor 1080
    Hi all

Wasn't sure where to put this post but I'm looking to buy a new computer desk, something relatively long than will allow a 3 monitor setup at least and plenty of space underneath without the pull out keyboard tray but I'm not sure where to look. Evemn just a nice table that isn't far off from just a nicetidy desk.

I've seen some forums members and on other sites with people that have quite a nice setup but not sure where to look without busting the bank account TOO much.

Does anyone have any recommendations that have a fairly quick delivery time and reliability?

I ask here because I intend to do more twitch streaming and pc gaming but yeah, thanks for anyones help

2. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I am simply using table top and legs from Ikea mate. Nice and simple, tons of space and fairy cheap.

3. Mooshan

Mooshan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor 1080
    nice thanks, I'll keep that in mind!

I ran out of space a long time ago but as I'm moving fairly soon I'd like the desk space back, i had to cut down the one I've got and its quite small now :(

4. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64
    I second for the IKEA desks. You can find simple desk quite cheap.

If money is not an issue, I would recommend to look at BEKANT.
    We bought a couple of them at work, I am big person and sit on a huge chair, so that table is perfect, custom height, big tabletop and there is a net underneath for computer cables.

Other than that, any simple table from IKEA would do. I use one at home, I think it is LINNMON / ALEX with bigger tabletop.

5. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    IKEA is your best bet I spent about £130 two set of draws and matching top which is 2 meters. I think its a LINNMON top.

6. Mooshan

Mooshan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor 1080
    thanks guys, its looking like ikea is my best bet, the idea of the table top is good because then I can choose whatever legs I think will be best, I've had a look and the lngeths seem pretty good for what I'll be needing.

Thanks for all your help

7. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim RTX 3090
    I also use Ikea. Cheap, easy and reliable. No need to go balls deep on a desk and if you are a handy man you can always customize it.

8. Mooshan

Mooshan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor 1080
    Yeah I'm not too much of a handy man myself lol, give me a computer to put together any time but give me a piece or two of wood and make something from it then all hell breaks loose.

Just looking forward to some desk space again now, 100cm length desk when theres a wall nearly on the edge of either side and 2 27" inch monitors to squeeze on is not the one lol feel so claustrophobic right now thankfully when I move I'll have the space to fill again with a nice desk