Compulsory Military Service for UAE nationals

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by TaskMaster, Jun 8, 2014.

1. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim RTX 3090
  2. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Are you Emirati? Get out there and join the army.

Of course it's a good thing, I'm sure many others will be happy with the news.

Great for many of those who are unemployed who simply cruise about in Jumeira all day in their pick-up trucks!

3. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim RTX 3090
    Yes I am and I have to wait for my draft letter/call to go to the nearest center.

I think it will start in 2015 with AD boys going in first.

4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti

5. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    They should introduce it here.

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Yeah there's a conscript army in Finland, every male citizen gets to participate. Plus women can do a voluntary service if they wish.

If you can't or won't for a plausible reason, you can do a so called "civilian service" which essentially means working for 12 months.

Dunno if I'm on the minority but I enjoyed my time in the service.

I actually applied for the Finnish Rapid Deployment Force training (peacekeeping corps), meaning I knew in the beginning I had to serve 12 months.

They designated me as an "anti-tank infantry non-commissioned officer".

Thus my main weapon is the heavy single-fire 112 mm bazooka. Packs a nice punch ;)

7. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim RTX 3090
    I'm more worried about the summer here. Training in 45-50c doesn't sound appealing :wanker:

8. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    :D

I served 362 days.

9. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    While we do have something like that here in Denmark, we generally have to draw numbers to see if we get in, unless we really want to - then of course we can, assuming there's no significant health problems.

I fortunately did not join the military and would rather spend the time I was supposed to serve in prison if it had come to that.

10. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    National service?

No thanks.
    As far as I'm concerned in times of peace national service is an abuse of fundamental human rights.
    Why the fleck should anyone be forced to enlist in an army against their will ? No different to totalitarianism in my opinion. No one should have another's will enforced upon them.

11. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    So you aren't living next to Russia...(11 months to reach the rank of second lieutenant for me).

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yep, did my year in 1998, working on helicopters (Mi-8, Mi-17, Mi-24 Hind). It's not something I wanted to do, but it was compulsory. It isn't any more. I don't regret it one bit, it's only a year out of my life and you do learn some valuable lessons.

Looking at the state of English youth, it would be a great idea to have this put in place.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Lol, I remember marching to the shooting range in January '98, 10 miles in knee high snow, at -16°C, with all your belongings on your back. When we got there, we had to wait around, getting really cold, the change from sweating to freezing was unbearable. We asked if we could start jogging to keep warm. Got refused. Military isn't fun. A lot of it won't make sense to average Joe, you have to obey whatever orders they throw at you, no matter if they make sense or not. But it builds character.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  14. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    This. This exactly. +1

15. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    It's going to be a bit late when war starts ?

16. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 570
    No we don't have that here.

17. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    The nations War Machine's, when will humanity mature out of War and destruction?

18. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    LOL! Don't hold your breath.:bang::banana::rpg::deflate::peng::littlegun:biggun::vader::arnie::zap::speed::tomcat::deadhorse:

19. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    I can see in some respects it would be a good think for many kids in the UK. I may sound old (at the age of 26) with the saying "kids these days," but there is a certain truth to the sentiment. I was in the ATC (air cadets) for a number of years, and that helped me with discipline. Maybe 6-12 months doing a little compulsory PAID work (or at least a fund available for later life, perhaps), might teach the boys AND girls of today's tech-savvy, easy-life world the real hardships life can throw at you.

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    No compulsory service back home but there's already over a million soldiers, I don't think I'm quite needed lol. I would have gladly served my time if it were compulsory.