Components cannot be hooked - NO AFTERBURNER

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Deleted member 280305, Feb 29, 2020.

1. When I start RTSS I get the well-known error "Some system components cannot be hooked right now".

I know this issue has been posted many times before but every solution has something to do with Afterburner. Since I am using RTSS on a laptop with no dedicated GPU I haven't installed AB and do not intend to do so. I use RTSS with HWiNFO to monitor CPU load and temperature during games (obviously only ones that can run on Intel HD Graphics, like Source games) due to my laptop's terrible cooling. I do not have RTSS starting with Windows since I rarely game on the laptop.

I have tried disabling my antivirus, I have ensured compatibility mode is disabled and I have performed several clean reinstalls of RTSS yet this error still occurs.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Like I said above, I do not intend to install Afterburner as my laptop doesn't have a dedicated GPU. For the record, I have tried it with AB on the laptop and I still got the error.

PS. It works perfectly fine on my desktop which is running the exact same version of Window 10, the only differences being a dedicated GPU and AB installed running at startup.

Laptop specs:
    Acer Aspire 5750
    Intel Core i5-2450M 2.5GHz
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    6GB DDR3 DRAM
    Kingston A400 SATA SSD - boot drive

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2020
  2. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    I believe that integrated graphics aren't supported, so that may be your issue.

3. kotenok2000

kotenok2000 Guest

GPU:
    amd radeon hd 6570
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2020