Company of Heroes 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Prag, May 3, 2012.

1. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
  2. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    right ardennes ass is out!

the good. its ww2 and involves the yanks plus an exciting part of ww2.

also some nice looking units and graphics with explosions. game is fun. my fav probably the shermans...but not sure they were meant to make me think..cute! (nice models).

the bad

and am afraid the bad pulls it down somewhat. no campaign as the germans. oddly enough they decide to rewrite history and Bastogne is lost and you need to recapture it! end mission is a bit tame.

that's a bit of a slur on the 101st airborne. i'd suggest a relative writes in to relic/sega and busts their balls!

and that leads me onto the campaign. its short but there is some replayability on hard. and without going into more detail my main gripe is some of the missions are effectively capture the flag and reduce the tickets! (seems like a cheap excuse for a proper mission).

I mean you win by scoring kills with vehicles! why? but it was ok I guess as it did mean was more tricky..

And then the last gripe is the performance seems a bit ropey. Although might be my setup or settings. (wasnt going for uber settings though). In parts does look very nice though.

So my final verdict is you are a big fan of ww2 games pick it up otherwise wait for a sale.

7/10.

3. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Not for me, singleplayer and no german campaign = 0 interest.

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I'm afraid so too. :(

5. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    This franchise went to ****.

6. 3Dghost

3Dghost Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz Ed
    It was fun after all, but it looks like COH 1. Sometimes difficult too. I remember a german half truck with mounted flamethrower wiping out 3 squads in 30 seconds...aaaaaah

7. grols

grols Guest

good continuation of the series of games

8. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Indeed.
    Having fun with Ardene...
    :)

9. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Been using this for a couple of weeks and to be honest I've yet to see any advantage over the 32bit version.
    Its still single core and horridly inefficient at that.
    The save and reload limitation/crash is still present.

Hopefully it will improve as its now available to X Box users so even though Relic abandoned this game a long time ago, it may end up being fixed.

10. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500

11. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    I definitely liked it better than 3 I know it’s on XGP the Complete Edition and says it’s X64 so not sure how it runs as a UWP. I have it on Steam but not sure how “complete” mine is so might actually try the XGP one for fun

12. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    The 64bit patch is now active, makes a huge difference to the speed of the game.

13. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Yeah its been few days. What do you mean by "speed of the game"? Surely you don't need more fps...or?

I'm getting crashes while spectating other players matches. I gather this is a known issue. Any known fix as of yet?

14. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    I play at 4k and with larger maps was getting horrendous slowdown due to poor CPU utilisation on the 32bit version, im still testing but at the moment thats not happening.

15. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Ah ok. I saw this once or twice with 32 bit, but a restart would fix it. Regardless 64 bit is great.
    Now only fix spectate..

16. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    The save game problem still exists, i think if the game save file is over a certain size then the game crashes on load, well this is still present. In fact im struggling to see much in the way of game changing fixes to be honest.

17. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super