Command & Conquer 4

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

Although Command &amp Conquer 4 was released more than a week ago I felt the need to post this news because of the importance of this game.Although I do not like what this game has given or taken...

More...

2. itsmikey76

itsmikey76 Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor RX5700xt
    Nice write-up Alex,so what your saying is they took everything that made CnC great and threw it out?

3. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Man that sounds so wank, thanks for the heads-up. No tiberium collecting or base building? What the?

Goodnight CnC :(

4. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    they screwed the pooch with this one, but it is typical EA habit, destroy a franchise as fast as it took to make it famous

5. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    lmao

oh dear they truely have killed c&c, will have a quick play on it though :)

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    i downloaded it, but it sounds even less appealing the more I read

guess i'll just watch youtube clips to complete the story

7. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Lol, take out what made C&C ? Why else would I want a C&C game then?.

Not that I'm bothered all of them have been really bad since Generals IMO.

8. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Really?

did you play c&c3, it was as true to the c&c franchise and rts's in general as the series has ever been.

It played by all the rts rules:

Very balanced
    Traditional base building and resource harvesting
    Nukes and ion cannon
    Mammoth tanks
    Great graphics
    Lot's of maps
    Very long and varied campaigns with 3 campaigns in total.
    LAN matches, offline skirmish matches
    Disk check only

It was a great well rounded RTS, kanes wrath was good too, the new faction was awesome and unique.

I rate c&c3 and KW very highly. The ONLY down side I saw was that the game was capped at 30 frames, which isn't that big a deal really, it runs smooth and you cannot notice the difference, except when edge scrolling on the screen.

9. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    The ending sucks anyway- youtubed it and found there is very small difference between the nod and GDI endings- I mean common that's just lazy

10. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I agree it was true to the franchise, but it felt like I was playing C&C1 just with updated graphics which I must add I think sucked big time even compared to Generals never mention compared to CoH.

Once the nostalgia worse off I didnt like it anymore, that kinds of old school RTS gets old fast same as a old school FPS like Doom.

What I would like is the C&C world, with CoH style graphics and emphasis on base building/ harvesting with more tactical unit management rather than spam building stuff.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010

11. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    then get starcraft..

12. lroy

lroy Member

GPU:
    msi gtx580 lightning 3gb
    oh no, what are are they thinking when they design these games. i have c&c ganerals, zero hour,red alert 3,and c&c 3. as stated the beauty of c&c was to build bases and harvest tiberium. sad that pc hardware m/b cpu ram and gpu,s are getting better and better. all for the gamer but EA, UBISOFT, and alike are going mad with drm and crap designed games.

13. itsmikey76

itsmikey76 Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor RX5700xt
    Thanks that's good to know saves me some time

14. ottoyu34

ottoyu34 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX480 2-way SLI
    Oh my... EA did it again!

15. itsmikey76

itsmikey76 Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor RX5700xt
    And that suprises you? lol:p and this is for EA:finger:

16. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    well its not sooo bad, you still collect tiberium but with those control points and you use a walker that does the rest aka supports you with troops, tanks and stuff.

It kinda makes sense they way it is now, in cnc3 you had to fight for tiberium fields.. but now in cnc4 all tiberium fileds disappeared only underground reserves available aka control points, usually its 5-6 and when you control all you win,... you can also pickup small tiberium crystals, they can give you more upgrade points..

17. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    As i said before and i'll say it again. This is the worst game from all the C&C games based in the Tiberian Universe. Its just my opinion.

18. Alex Vojacek

Alex Vojacek Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX295
    Well, to be honest, I tried to be nice with the write-up news, but couldn't, this is by FAR the worst game I've seen in my entire life.

Let's be clear about this, if you EA guys want to make an C&C game, BASE BUILDING and TIBERIUM gathering are BASICS. If you want to go ahead and be creative in a franchise that goes by the years just in the last one, please, go ahead, but do not call this BS C&C 4 because has NOTHING the original C&C had.

I tried to play the first missions, could survive 3, uninstalled the game after that, I do not want to have anything to do with this game whatsoever.

This game should be called "Command Battlefield and Conquer Domination" or something like that, because it feels like a Battlefield on RTS and SUCKS at that.

I play C&C since the first one, yes, DOS based from westwood.

The best C&C for me was Kane's Wrath, the super lords or "Heroes" were cool, the fight was one of the best, frenetic build up of bases, a LOT of base building and tiberium madness, this one is FLAT, not combat till later stages, troops are the only thing left to play with and there are no more than 10 of those on screen when you fight 1v1.

Same game on Kane's wrath and I could send more than 50 troops to the enemies base for a glorious ending. I will not even talk about on how FAST and EASY they get rid of the scrin side, for me, one of the BEST additions to the franchise, that side really got me, I'm a scrin fan.

Couldn't be angrier with this one.

So, so long C&C too bad I will not play this one. For me the game ended with the scrin taking earth, period. Long Live tiberium, dead to EA.

PD: this new game tend to disconnect with my WiFi connection, and so, a couple of times I was kicked out the action, it needs permanent connection to the internet to just play it, even on offline skirmishes, so, yes, add that insult as the last injury to the series.

Alex "mad at EA" Vojacek.

19. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    The game is only for PC ATM. Fix it ^^

20. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super