Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars demo announced!!!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CTman, Feb 14, 2007.

1. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    That from the read me file

2. Sieras

Sieras Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    Downloading it now, can't wait to play :O

3. iamtheoneneo

iamtheoneneo Banned

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTS 640mb @ 576/1700
    well tried downloading it but fileplanet gives me a massive 20kbs to play with! wow - would take 16hours+ , looks like i will have to wait for torrent or something.

4. CTman

CTman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6800 V9999

5. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    im getting around 115kbps on a gamershell server

6. Sieras

Sieras Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    Damn, just got disconnected from the server and it didn't have any resume support :rolleyes:
    Oh well, it's really a bit late here..I'll gonna go to sleep ant try downloading it when I'll come back from uni..

It would be great to see some opinions and screenshots here when I'll be back ;)
    Cheers!

7. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Post screenies and your specs! I want to see how well it runs.

8. Khenglish

Khenglish Master Guru

GPU:
    external GTX 580
    [​IMG]
    Early base shot.
    [​IMG]
    A zoom in on a refinery and war factory.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Defeating infantry with tanks in the classic C&C way. Running them over.
    [​IMG]
    The end of NOD.

I ran this on a 2.53 P4, 1GB ram, and with a 4200 Ti!!! (6800gt is RMA) All setting were at the highest, but I probably lost a lot of quality with the low shader support.

As you can see, it is far less demanding than Supreme Commander.

This is a skirmish. I won my first one on easy in under 7 minutes, so the game is really fast paced.

My impressions are that this demo really is just like all the other C&Cs, but with better graphics and faster build times. I employed my old strategy of f*** infantry, build lots of harvesters, then tanks as fast as possible. If I find infantry just run it over, and watch my tanks blow up everything. The harvesters are still as dumb as ever, and still drive into enemy bases miles away to get tiberium if the local supply runs dry. Except now they aren't as tough as they used to be so they can't survive it anymore. There's still no auto-repair for buildings, which always annoyed my. It's a small thing, but it annoys me a little how buildings come out of the ground. They don't unfold or anything, they kinda just rise up in one whole piece. But, the fighting looks like it can get really crazy like all previous games, especially RA2. I really didn't see any sign of new innovative gameplay or anything. I know it was a demo, but the absence of stuff like the obelisk kind of alarmed me. I ran into a few stealth units in the campaign mission, but it seems that overall NOD now depends on massive numbers instead of finesse. The UI, music, and movies are all good and give the game a polished feel, but in my mind Supreme Commander is superior in a lot of ways. Too bad my PC runs SC so slow.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  9. netnexus

netnexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    Wow.. that ran on your rig huh?

Impressive.

10. atomicskis5

atomicskis5 Master Guru

GPU:
    msi 4850
    Yes, i dl and played it maxed out at 1600x1200, no sign of bad fps(fraps not installed, but id say lowest fps were around 60). Alot of fun for somebody whos only rts ever played was starcraft, well and played supreme comander demo which i wasnt a fan of, and company of heroes which was very good.

11. Dojomann

Dojomann Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275 896MB
    wtf no 64-bit vista support? Dammit. I hope this is fixed when retail time comes around.

12. rage1189

rage1189 Banned

GPU:
    Evga 8800gtx
    this game need vsync?

13. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290X
    You can force Vsync in the nVidia Control Panel :)

14. rage1189

rage1189 Banned

GPU:
    Evga 8800gtx
    I know u can, im asking if the game needs vsync not how to enable it

15. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290X
    Ah sorry mate, missed the ? :p

16. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    It will Run Perfectly Fine on vista.....Generals Does....."supported" just means if something doesnt work on vista, you cant blame the makers..they only tested it on xp, but it should run 100% on vista......(except it might be using DX8 shaders...havent checked..which in vista will go slower.)

17. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    I have to say I'm fairly disappointed with the demo, it doesn't look as good as I thought it would and the gameplay is the same old stuff (which isn't necessarily bad).

And the acting is just god-awful, add to that the cut scenes have really bad post-production finishing, apart from the news bulletins which were rather well done.

I'll probably still buy it though, and do my bit towards funding the corporate EA monster :p

18. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080Ti
    I thought it all looked quite smart actually. As for gameplay, it was obvious from when the game was announced it was gonna be more of the same. If it wasnt no doubt there would be loads of C&C fans bitchin about how it wasn't C&C enough lol. For an RTS graphics are pretty good imo.

TBH, while i like it, and will get it (its C&C afterall) it just seems to lack any depth after playing Supreme Commander and COH.

19. iamtheoneneo

iamtheoneneo Banned

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTS 640mb @ 576/1700

20. madmossy

madmossy Active Member

GPU:
    ATi HD2900XT 850/950