Comcast Delivers Symmetrical 4Gbps Speeds in New 10G Test - DOCSIS 4.0 Modem

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Not that it's likely to happen, but I hope this means lower prices for the lower tiers.

Airbud likes this.
  3. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    in my area they doubled everyone's speed for free, their employees homes were upgraded to 1gigabit for free...never thought I'd see the day but Comcast/Xfinity are doing a great job.

that 9 ping is a bonus.

schmidtbag likes this.
  4. CyberSparky

CyberSparky Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 XC3
    Comcast is such a **** company. I've had NOTHING but issues from them for 14-15+ years. What can you do when they are the only provider and buy out any company that tries to compete in your area. As example, I woke up a week ago to our internet out. App shows an old MAC ID for a modem I had on my account. Every TV and computer in my house shows please activate your service. Phone tech support is unable to activate the modem I had on my account for a year now since we upgraded speeds. I have another for backup, new in box, unable to activate that one either. Need a tech to come out for the 400+ time in our 15+ years of using them. The tech calls a number with same MAC ID, they activate, then want to charge me $100 to do this. Wife is out of work for a few days till this was resolved as she works from home. So sick of this company, god I wish we had another option in our area. Also no, moving is not an option. This same exact issue has happened at least 6 times in our years of using this company. I know this isn't the place, but god it feels good to vent sometimes. Seeing their name listed on my favorite website makes my blood crawl. That is all. ;)

Keitosha likes this.

5. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    This is what is wanted, the faster the data moves to you the less time the network is loaded, good for everyone.

Airbud and insp1re2600 like this.
  6. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3090
    Had a Comcast business account to avoid the cap. Used my own modem I had bought off Amazon years before. A year into service, one month they randomly started charging me a modem rental fee. When I contacted them, they had registered my modem as theirs. I had to send them a receipt of me buying my own modem to get the charges to stop.

monopolies are cancer.

I now buy internet from a local company who basically just buys a huge local pipe from someone like comcast and then uses fixed wireless to spread it around the neighborhood.

Much much better experience. Half the cost, none of the bullcrap. No caps, no hidden fees. In fact taxes are included in price so I pay flat 60$ For. 250/10 unlimited Line.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I thought most cable company were against redeploying with 3.1 docsis modems cause it was gona cost to much, and want to go fiber or atlest optimum wanted too. As speed go so do the prices though and prices are already kind suspect in alot areas.

I have 400mbit/ 25up for 99$ if i want 1gbit with still 25mb it gong be 140 month from spectrum.

8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Asymmetric...really?

9. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    Now you can hit your data caps even faster. FYI, in markets where Comcast has a local monopoly on broadband internet, they have a 300 GB cap where you need to pay more if you go over it for 3 months. That instantly adds like $60 to your bill.

10. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    10gb connections and an insane packet dropping policy because their network is pure liquid crap. btw, just another provider to avoid if gaming.

11. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    They are still forcing old tech so nothing new here lol... In this case is a bad thing.
    Making a comparison in Romania, Digi a local provider, is starting to offer 10G, for only ~10 Euro and in testing people are getting >8.000 Mbps download și >7.000 Mbps upload on Speedtest.
    So to me DOCSIS is becoming very old, also for people that will say yes but changing the network is a lot of money.
    I say this, how many money where spent until now for this tech (from the time fiber was proven a better solution) and how many more money will be spent from now on...