Combining outputs of 2 video ports

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by wingman123, Mar 4, 2009.

1. wingman123

wingman123 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 260
    Hi,

Sometime back I posted a problem I had with my 7900GS regarding the colors here:

(My original post was: “I have a PCIExpress Inno3D Geforce 7900GS I bought about a year ago. About two days ago, while I was working on my computer, suddenly the colors changed so that red was displayed as black and it has been like that ever since. First I thought it was a problem with my monitor, but when I tried my onboard VGA, the colors were fine. When I tried the other video output of the 7900, it displays blue color as black (and everything white is yellowish). How can that happen? I overclocked the card sometimes back but I changed it back to stock speeds and I haven’t overclocked it at least for the last 3 months. I wasn’t even playing a game when the problem started. My monitor has analog input so I’m using the DVI to analog converter I got with the card. Is there any way to solve this or put the two outputs together (since one doesn’t display red and the other doesn’t display blue)?”)

Since then I’ve tried all the combinations with another adapter, different machine and a different monitor but nothing worked so I’m pretty sure the problem is with the card itself. I’ve been using my 6200 until now but I really need to play some games and it’ll be a while before I can buy a new video card.

Since one DVI port is missing red and the other missing blue, is there any way to combine the two ports so I could get a proper output (like by using the red pin of one port and the rest of the pins in the other)? I asked it in my original post too but nobody had said anything about it. Does anybody think it’s possible? In Windows, the port which is not connected to the monitor is disabled (because of DDC??) so that has to be solved too. I thought maybe someone who creates cables/adapters could tell me how to do this. I don’t mind taking a risk with the card as long as it doesn’t blow up my monitor or anything.

2. yleclerc

yleclerc Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1660 6GB
    Did you buy another DVI/VGA adapter? You can get these separately.

Normally you can not combine outputs.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  3. wingman123

wingman123 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 260
    Yes, I tried a different adapter too. The thing is, I'm certain that the problem is with the card. I was wondering if there was something I could do to solve the problem. I know combining outputs isn't done "normally" but thought it might still be possible.