Colorfull lists GeForce RTX 4070 TI product page, has same specs as RTX 4080 12 GB

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    mbk1969 and cryohellinc like this.
  2. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I don't think this comes as a surprise to anyone....at all. Nice try by nGreedia to pass it off as the RTX4080 12 GB.

3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Oh, what a surprise.

Even if it's better or worse than other manufacturers, I don't think I will be shifting back to Nvidia soon.

The community should not endorse scumbag practices like this.

JAMVA likes this.
  4. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Shoulda Coulda Woulda, people dont care buddy.
    Anybody who has an aversion to questionable business ethics should find another hobby.

Why_Me likes this.

5. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Looking forward to seeing some colorful language once they start listing the prices on these...

Netherwind likes this.
  6. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    They wont announce anything until they see the 7900xt/xtx hit the ground running.

7. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    10k reference units available for Europe is the rumor I saw yesterday for next week's AMD launch...AIB production difficulties and iffy drivers...business as usual. We'll see soon enough.

8. Chert

Chert Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3060ti
    If the 25% performance difference between this and the 4080 (16gb) proves to be right, then this card shouldn't even be a 4070 ti but a vanilla 4070 instead. This means any MSRP above US$ 649 is unacceptable. Prob is Nvidia willl probably give this card a MSRP of about US$ 800 to 900.

9. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    It will take a lot for me to dump my 6900XT, if the XTX is significant leap then maybe il jump, or just wait for a 6950xtx.

Agonist and Embra like this.
  10. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Are these going to have the price that a 4080 should of had too?

schmidtbag likes this.

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    My GTX 1070 will go in 2023, and i don't give a flying ***k what this card should or shouldn't have been.

kens30 likes this.
  12. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I don't know, a somewhat well-known man from the technology circles, called Jensen Huang, must be sporting a surprised pikachu face when a card he personally presented as RTX 4080 12GB is now suddenly being marketed as 4070 Ti.

carnivore and mikeysg like this.
  13. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    It’s all just numbers and specs on a piece of paper. Ultimately the performance is either worth the price to you or it isn’t. There’s no value in the top end, so don’t go looking for it.

Why_Me, kens30, TheDeeGee and 2 others like this.
  14. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    What in the F*** is going on at Nvidia.
    There is a serious disconnect with them and gamers. And its not just pure greed.

15. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    Some want high end and get emotionally distressed when its unreachable for whatever reasons, real or not.
    There is no real need for these products for gamers besides entertainment, yet some act like their well being is dependant on them.

I cant imagine staying with a hobby that continuosly just makes you sad and angry.

kens30, pegasus1 and fantaskarsef like this.

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Oh boy, there's a lot of people around in our world who do exactly this, for the reason of... just doing it :D

But yeah, my biggest issue with 2020-22 and our hobby of PC gaming is, that first you couldn't get what they offerend you, and now you can easily think it's a bad deal now that you can actually get all of this.
    Oscar Wilde would have understood that this is a very human dilemma (which ends up not being one in reality).

pegasus1 likes this.
  17. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    I got into PC Hardware with the Spectrum and Amiga, then into building them but then for gaming consoles took over for me. It wasnt until my job changed and as all those who are in my line of work you need a hobby, i got seriously back into building and tweaking PCs. Most of my colleagues have hobbies that are significantly more costly than top end PC cards. Would i be deep into it if i couldn't afford it, well not at a practical level thats for sure but the thing is i can afford a £2k card purely because not so much of what i spend, but more what i dont spend.
    If a 4090 is out of reach for somebody, no issue, just buy a cheaper card, or alternately just get super angry and post all over social media about it, like anybody cares.

Why_Me and TheDeeGee like this.
  18. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah I can relate... started out with PCs back in the days of late Win3.11 / early 95, but once I got a hold of why my first PC was not very good with the games I wanted to play, I knew that building them myself would be cheaper and fun.
    But I can relate to what you say about other hobbies... EVERYBODY I know spends more money on their hobbies than me. Either it's travelling (which more often than not costs more than a new GPU every other year), golfing (clubs are damn expensive), cards (factor 10 to you name it compared to a PC), buying power tools for their garage / workspace without ever using them... it's unbelievable what some hobbies actually cost! :eek:
    In regards to your last sentence: I don't buy a new 1000+€ phone every year. My current one cost under 400 and still runs android 7. That's how people can save up for halo cards, if they want to :D

pegasus1 likes this.
  19. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    This is what happens today but before some high end cards offered good value.

The problem is that Nvidia notice this and started messing with the prices of those cards, destroying their value in the process.

The new 4080 is a perfect example of this scummy practise...

20. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    That's the big takeaway as far as I'm concerned. Nvidia could swallow enough of their pride to say "fine fine, I guess it isn't really a 4080" but if they were going to set an arbitrarily high price on it, what's to say they won't just keep it as-is? Honestly considering how much GPUs are going for, it seems to me nothing would incentivize them to lower the MSRP.