Colorful Announces its SL500 2TB SSD

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The new SL500 2TB SSD brings capacity at a competitive price point giving mainstream consumers a viable option to completely replacing mechanical hard disk storage with high-speed, solid-state drives....

Colorful Announces its SL500 2TB SSD

2. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 HC
    I am slowly, but surely making the switch from mechanical to all solid state right now. Just put three one TB ssd's in a raid 0 for my fast storage and finally can do a system backup in less than ten minutes as opposed to almost an hour.

Not to mention the throughput one sees when using the drive to write to and it is being read from at the same time. Something a mechanical drive just chokes on and can never compete with solid state in that realm.

Not to mention the mechanical grinding with the reading and writing I can hear over 46 cougar fans.....thats truly saying something....

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    At that point I would go for raid 5. Because that's already lot of capacity, and likely something you can't afford to throw away.

4. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 HC
    I gotcha, but an OS install and games aren't a bug priority for me to keep a backup of a backup of.

Just personal preference. I prefer breakneck speed over redundancy as I've used SSD's since their commercial inception of the Vertex Turbos from OCZ. Raid 0 even through it wasn't even properly supported then.

5. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800XT
    And competitive price is?