College Football Thread

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Palerider, Aug 31, 2007.

1. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    OSU will lose at least 2 games this year.. they will not make it to the big game.

USC will lose at least 1 game this year maybe two...they will not make it to the big game.

The top 20 teams right now have a shot maybe even the top 25.

I see a few teams in the top 20 that could go undefeated that are not in the top 10 to go on and win it all.

Most overrated teams right now I think are:

Georgia
    OSU
    USC
    Clemson
    Texas Tech
    South Florida

The rest of those teams are under rated for the most part or are right where they need to be in relation to what they have going for them right now.

To be honest I don't think anyone should be "Ranked" till at least the first 3-4 games are over with...cause as we saw last year with Michigan and App State...that all could change in a heart beat!

2. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    As far as OSU being over rated- I couldn't disagree more.They have been to the last two NC games ( Yes, I know.No need to mention it) and they have just about the entire roster returning.This time they have experience.Personally, I believe it could be the best OSU team in my lifetime.I think they have one weak link though -Todd Boeckman at QB.I hope I'm wrong, but I think he lost his nerve last year.I think Pryor will be used in a back up role, but if he proves himself,Tressel will use him more and more.The one to watch this year is Chris (beanie) Wells.I can't wait to watch him finally play healthy and confident.

I agree Georgia's chances are slim.they have a horrendous schedule,and they have gobs of trouble off the field.Funny how they seem to like the polls now :3eyes:
    Heisman candidates anyone? I think OSU will showcase Wells,other than him, I'd guess Tebow.

I'm just happy it's time for the games.Summer is good and all, but I really live for the fall.

3. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    No way in hell Georgia will make the Title game. They've had too many injuries and that brutal schedule will give them 2 maybe 3 losses. We REALLY need a playoff system and the excuses as to why we don't are just that..excuses. Also I really hate the BCS rules that say only 2 teams from a conference can go to a BCS Bowl. Because of that Mizzou got the shaft last year and instead Hawaii(got absolutely DESTROYED) went.

4. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT

Its very hard not to disagree being a big fan...so I expected that but its the truth. They will not beat USC, they will lose at least one more game this year and won't go to the BCS champ game... I expect OSU to be lucky to finish in the top 10.

5. blownapart

blownapart Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 900/1200
    O-H! Ha, didn't expect to talk football on this forum but all I can say is it's the greatest time of the year, sports-wise. OSU will be tough, 20 returning starters will do that. Expect Pryor to get about 15 snaps vs. YSU in the opener. Pryor is the future, Tress knows this. Beanie Wells will destroy DL's and LB's like he did last year. Even LSU will admit respect for this guy. Georgia looks tough but they'll have to survive the SEC which has a tendancy to canibilize itself. USC is USC, real mean defence this year. We'll have to see whether Sanchez and a rebuilt O-line have the goods.

I can't freakin' Wait! <3 college ball, GO BUCKS!!

Beanie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-0mlHNP5u8

[​IMG]

6. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    I-O! Glad I'm not alone here :)

I'd like to hear your reasoning on this.I understand the hate if it's just the rest of the country getting sick of a dominant program-I hate seeing the same teams over and over too (NFL/Patriots),but if you have specific reasons, please share.
    BTW, I've heard Sanchez may be out at USC, anyone hear this?

7. blownapart

blownapart Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 900/1200
    I heard his kneecap was dislocated. I have no idea what the rehab time on that is though. I don't want USC to have any excuses if they lose though. I want OSU to go in there and punch `em in the neck with power running and shutdown defense. May the best team win. BTW, I just scored section one, 50 yd line tickets for the opener. Sa-weet.

I think people are just sick of the Buckeyes. But living in Columbus, I couldn't give a damn about the pundits. Are people in Boston sick of their teams? Nope.

8. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    I'm more sick of USC, people talk about the Big 10 being a weak conference but what about the Pac 10? Come on who is a threat to USC out there...Oregon???? ASU????

9. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    There is no hate of seeing OSU... I wouldn't say dominant program cause if that was the case they wouldn't have lost the BCS champ game twice in a row. To be honest they shouldn't have been at it last year but the BCS is so screwed up and people's votes are so error filled so thats just what happened!

Trust me when I say that USC will beat OSU in that game..and OSU will lose at least one more game in the season. To be honest its hard to see anyone in the top 10 right now going to the BCS Champ game this year. Florida maybe.. and maybe even Oklahoma but the rest will self destruct. OSU will either lose to Penn or Michigan for sure this year.

Hell even the picks right now put OSU in the big game but losing again so why even pick them to be there I have no idea..but as this link shows, OSU may get there if they are really lucky..but they won't win.

10. blownapart

blownapart Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 900/1200
    OSU isn't losing to DickRod's winged helmets, not this year. He still needs to get his gimmick offense installed and recruited. PSU is nothing. Wisconsin is tough though, and watch out for Michigan State, they'll surprise a few folks.

What injuries are UGA suffering from? Who's dinged?

Pete Carrol and co. (LMFAO)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rDe-Z_wH84

11. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    That's pretty much how i see things too.The Badgers could be a problem this year, and obviously the USC game will define our season.Other than that, We'll be ok.
    Saturday I'm headed to the Shoe too.If I can't come to terms with a scalper, I'll just watch it at the Hall Of Fame Cafe.
    A big Thank You to Time Warner and The Big 10 Network.Thank God it's over!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  12. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2X ATI 4870 512MB X-Fired
    Watching the SC vs NCST game is painful. Jesus if SC had a QB and a decent Offensive line they would have a team. Their D looks great.

In other news, I'm pleading with my bosses to let me go to the LSU game that I paid $150 to attend. They want me at work for hurricane duty at 5:45PM and the game starts at 4:00pm. It's an 1 1/2 hour drive to the stadium so I want to show up late. The storm wont hit until Tuesday at the earliest, and we wont have to do anything until probably Sunday, then they may evacuate us 140 miles north of the coast. Damn hurricanes....... One day I'll upload the pics of my house after Hurricane Rita did $100,000 USD of damage to it for you guys to see.

13. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    You won't have to worry about that now since the game is pushed back to 10am (your time) 11am EST. due to the hurricane coming. So enjoy watching LSU get beat :p

14. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2X ATI 4870 512MB X-Fired
    Yeah that 10AM was brutal. I had to get up at 4:30AM to get to the game and now I have to pull a graveyard shift. Then I have to evacuate for the storm AWESOME!!! I also may have to work tomorrow night and my windows aren't even boarded up.

Hot, Hot, HOT! Did I mention it was hot? I have a 3rd degree sunburn on my face and I sweated out a gallon of water. We should never do a day game again in Aug or Sept.

Well we got through the game pretty nicely. Our D looked great, and our O was solid. Except for the QB position, which is to be expected.

You didn't turn out so lucky though SAVA........

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  15. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    no we didn't .... very hot at that game too, I was sitting in a section where the sun was right above us with 93 degree temps in the shade! I can't stand our QB decision as he is awful! Glennon threw the same damn interception to the same team, same opening game, same opening drive!!! How in the hell can you do that twice is beyond me! Nice block of a punt at the end to win the game for the pirates..very lucky. But I think we needed this beat to settle down and look at who's doing what to adjust to be able to win the ACC champion ship again.
    The players that we had playing were mostly all freshman who never started before and they played very well...I'm confident that next year as stated in some articles that VATech will be a contender for the BCS big game.

As I saw last night Clemson doesn't have anything as usual and were highly over rated so I don't expect them to stop Tech in winning the ACC.

16. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    I guess things are going to be tough for a while for DickRod up at the big house.I have to admit I was looking forward to watching McGuffy play.He's the guy who leaps defenders.If you haven't seen it, it's worth a few minutes on Youtube.
    Buckeyes didn't show us much yesterday either.Tressel seemed to be testing schemes, and having a look at his under class men.I think Pryor is going to be a superstar.One Buckeye's vote: Put Boeckman at back up now.The future is now.Get him some reps.
    Mizzou looked pretty darn good too.Congrats to everyone here who's teams one.
    @Sava-better luck next week.

17. blownapart

blownapart Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 900/1200
    I jinxed Beanie with my previous post. Now his foot is F-ed up, hopefully nothing too serious. tOSU is going to need him vs. USC in a major way. As for Pryor supplanting Boeckman, I thaink that's a bit premature. They're gonna scheme him in like UF did with Tebow. Pryor has a lot to learn and USC's defense is is 100 times better than YSU's was. He will play a part though, especialy more so if Beanie can't go. I want 9/13 to be here already. How the hell did va tech lose? didin't see that game..

18. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Damn I hope Beanie and JMac heal up quick it's great to see talent like that on the field. I know people will blast my Mizzou Tigers for giving up so many yards and points to Illinois but I don't care. First of all 7 came on a pick six and another TD on the very last play of the game in garbage time. So really 28 points but a lot of yards in our first game when mistakes always happen. If we had played a cupcake we could've easily blown them out and we will in our next couple of games. Looks like another crazy year in CFB we already had some pretty big upsets yesterday. ECU over Virginia Tech, Bama over Clemson, Utah over Michigan although I'm not sure that is an upset. Damn glad CFB is back!!!

19. blownapart

blownapart Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 900/1200
    Don't feel bad KCjoker, a win is a win. Mizzou has LOTS of offensive firepower and it won the day. Illinois will be tougher later in the year so it willl be a good win for you guys. I thought jmac was fine? Beanie is a question mark until they release some news tomorrow.
    In Buckeye news, we just picked up a verbal from arguably the best RB in the country for `09. This guy skates over the turf and runs a 4.31 40yd dash. Yay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCCDnEFZQcc

20. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Yea they're now saying JMac may play this weekend but I wouldn't risk it since the team is a pushover. Damn nice highlight video, they kid's legs are built like tree trunks,lol