Colin McRae DIRT

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Ankit kukreti, Mar 29, 2007.

1. GODzillaSDM

GODzillaSDM Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    no, if you try to uninstall it, and you run the game, it will automatically install starforce again. (of course unless u use no cd cracks or such).

One of the main gripes from gamers was that starforce driver was installed without the knowledge or consent from the user. It was secretive and hidden. Since then, they have listed some sort of notification on the retail boxes.

anyhow...sorry, im going off topic. lets stay back on DiRT :)

2. GODzillaSDM

GODzillaSDM Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    ur screens do not have better texture. just look at the road.
    and lighting is better? looks very cartoonish

someone tell me im not crazy...

3. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Anyone else having problems with the resolutions.

Whenever i put my LCD to resolution of either 1440x900 or 1680x1050 the game starts to show some funny triangles.....meaning my whole screen is messed up.

4. icecold1983

icecold1983 Banned

GPU:
    8800 gtx
    do u even know what higher res textures means? if u did it would be clear to you that the screens i posted have textures that are of a MUCH higher res. lighting is better, look at the environment and how it reacts to the lighting. its very soft.

5. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    I'm getting about 25FPS :) That's at 1680 x 1050, everything maxed out except AA which is @ 2x :)

6. DYNOMO

DYNOMO Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870
    Well after playing the demo for a while, I asked myself would I consider buying the game as it is now in this demo, and my answer is, er NO.

It's not up to scratch and seems lazily coded. But the game play is there if only it would run nice. Hopefully the finished version is alot better optimized. Floating around under 30fps down to as low as 22fps is not good for a geforce 8800gts 640mb and system thats well overclocked:). I expect it to run happily on at least high settings on my setup, which it does not do at present to well.

Lets hope they get it sorted out. The video's I have been watching around the net of the full game don't seem to be running like the dirt buggys demo we have here. Maybe they had quad core and 2 gtx's, who knows. But they look much smoother.

Last edited: May 24, 2007
  7. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    u need to chill damm.

8. GODzillaSDM

GODzillaSDM Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    btw, where are u guys seeing that it has starforce? I just installed it, and i dont' see starforce in my device manager. (yes, i clicked show hidden devices and non-plug n play drivers)

9. steel_kelly

steel_kelly Active Member

GPU:
    8800gt 512
    why is the handling crap with a 360 pad? the car just turns way too fast, i need to try and sort that but if anyone has good 360 pad settings please post

infact what do the 3 steering adjustment bars mean?

Last edited: May 25, 2007
  10. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    are you serious , the raod texture is seriosuly low res (looks horribe)a few other textures are nice th. i agree that dirt isnt the best looking racing game but it certainly looks better than the game you posted

11. D_worth

D_worth Maha Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    WTF are those other screen shots of trackmania or whatever.. They look like crap!! There isn't a race car game out that looks anything like DiRT! That is a fact, i dont know what that guy is thinking..

12. TheRevern

TheRevern Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 780GTX OCC 3gb
    I just got done playing the demo , i get anywhere between 25 - about 40 fps running maxed @1680x1050. This engine for this amount of detail is well optimized. Even at these "low Framerates" the game is very playable , and does not effect gameplay. For a racing game i would say these are very acceptable framerates. Now i know someone is gunna say something about how can it be and what not , but rembier im just giving my OPINION.

Would i buy this game. Heck yes , the gfx are just as good as crysis (going by screens) and runs decent. Im going to have to get a racing wheel as using keyboard makes me crash alot.

Well im off to play somemore but not before i leave off with a screen

[​IMG]

Rember this is MY OPINION.

EDIT: BTW i have no problems with starforce , as i dont illegaly download games. And ive never had a drive die from starforce.

13. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    i really do like the effects of the bumper cracks and then starts hangin off then eventually completly falls off , the damge models are impressive , ive seen better looking racing games but might be worth a look if it owrks with the 360 controller

14. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    They renamed it after people got pissed and boycotted them. Its now called Frontline Protection.
    Type that name into google and you will see the SF4.0 page.

15. icecold1983

icecold1983 Banned

GPU:
    8800 gtx
    L O L

16. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    :D ... just played it ... man ... nice game .. me too getting fps around 20-25 :D ... but at 1280*1024 , 2x AA , High settings :p ... though i could barely make out the diff. between "High" and "Ultra" :p .. the game is fast enough to actually blend things very well .. now i just need to set up the controller properly :D .. Anyway , here are some screenshots :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OMG , can't wait for the full ver. :D ..

17. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    The controller setup is a bit crap i increased the dead zone to 30% and decreased the max to 70 and it felt a lot better, still not quite right, it feels as though its reading joypad inputs as digital instead of analogue

Anyway, game runs like crap on my rig, 19FPS @ 1680x1050 default settings, reduced the res to 13whatever x whatever and at least i get 30-31FPS from the in car view( which i prefer from Gran Turismo days ), i might be interested in getting it when i get an 8800GTX but not the way it is now

As for everyone knowking Trackmania, i hardly think the effects are in the same league, but trackmania does look fantastic moving simply because all the effects/reflections are brilliantly fast and smooth but i wasnt much into the game

I actually think flatout 2 has the absolute best gfx/performance combination of any PC racer, its performance is out of this world compared to Dirt & TDU and the damage model is cool, damn tough game though

18. OrionRU

OrionRU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX (621/1512/2020)
    The blurr makes my eye's hurt.

It run fine with everything maxed at 1680x1050 16aa.16af.

Around 25-30 FPS

19. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    ran very smooth,graphics are very nice for it to be only dx9

20. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Hi,
    i've just installed it and played a bit, but noticed this strange thing with shadows, it flickers time to time in far view and there is no car shadow only dark shadow thing in front and around the car and the track also:puke3: . I'm using 160.03, will try the 160.02 if this fixes the problem. I've read this thread a bit and saw that someone has got the same problem. Lamee