Colin McRae DIRT

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Ankit kukreti, Mar 29, 2007.

1. biglonglenthman

biglonglenthman Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Extreme 8800GTX 621/2160
    disable it from your computer like uninstall the drivers and so on.

Its sounding like its the same problem anyone else is having where the sound issue is holding back FPS.

2. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    I just downloaded and reinstalled the demo and it runs great, it must be something to do with the full retail version, hopefully the next patch will fix it.

3. Ankit kukreti

Ankit kukreti Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7600 GT
    email codemasters about your problem :smoke: the game has to work in you PC :coffee2:

4. hugos82

hugos82 Active Member

GPU:
    GALAXY 8800GTX/Ultra SLI
    Hi guys.
    i'm quite sure some of you still play DIRT.
    that is why i would like to inform you about the new patch 1.2
    i can't tell if it does anything special, but ... will let you know as soon as i will apply it.
    anyway enjoy LINK

5. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Doesnt seem to fix much
    "PATCH 1.2:

* Fixed a bug where some saved games were being corrupted during the save process. Saved games are only usable by the PC and user that created them.

* Includes a new set of leaderboards. These are separate to the existing leaderboards which will remain visible for people playing version 1.0 or 1.1.

* Also includes fixes of patch 1.1"

Its a bit crap that saved games dont work for other users, ive been playing on Vista but cant play it on XP due to the stupid corruption problem, must find a hex editor :)

6. hugos82

hugos82 Active Member

GPU:
    GALAXY 8800GTX/Ultra SLI
    so it only fixes some save issues
    damn... i was hoping for some performance fixes.
    i just gave some heads up about the patch, don't have enough time to check

7. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti / GTX 650Ti PPU
    Unsurprisingly Codemasters haven't fixed the main problem, the sound bug, which seems to be affecting loads of gamers playing on Vista.

So many people on various site's - including the Codemasters forums - are experiencing sound loss, normally after a couple of races, with onboard sound as well as Audigy2 and X-Fi. I've tried swapping the OpenAL32.dll file and tried different settings in-game to no avail. I'm not sure if it's affecting Vista 32bit, 64bit or both.

As usual Codemasters has released a game where the recommended specs have problems! Remember CMR05? Recommended 6800GT and what card was affected by a severe "sun glare" bug, which made the game lag like a bitch? Yep you got it......the 6800GT. Was it ever fixed? No.

And please, if you have no problems with sound, don't bother saying so. it doesn't help those who have. If you have a fix - 'cause Codemasters will never admit to a problem - do share.:)

8. meatfestival92

meatfestival92 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX @ 815/2078/1180
    I get much better performance with OpenAL sound. It's not as good as with sound disabled, but the random slowdowns are gone compared to DirectSound

It also flies with the new SLI profile! rarely drops below 30fps, everything on ultra, 1024x768 4xAA

9. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Performance isn't a problem, I'm playing @ 1920x1080 everything maxed and getting a smooth game, it's just the sound; I'll be playing and then all of a sudden the engine noise will go, then the (bloody irritating) co-driver voice disappears and I end up with just the turbo sound effect! The 1.2 patch does seem to have sorted out the slideshow problem at the end though.:)

Not all bad then!! :rolleyes:

10. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Havent tried DiRT yet on Vista because my DVD committed suicide a few days ago. Going to try to install it later on through an image file and see if i experience the same problem.

Does the sound really affect that much performance in the game?

11. Waylander

Waylander Guest

I was getting sound probs the same as that in vista x64, and the slideshow prob as well, the 1.1 patch fixed the slideshow, but the sound was still patchy, I've dropped back down to XP for now, Although I like the look and feel of vista there's still too many driver problems

12. Dojomann

Dojomann Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275 896MB
    Ok, my 8800 GTS 640 is in shipping as we speak. What kind of FPS am I gonna get running at high settings at 1920x1080 ? I'm thinking 4xAA 16xAF, and everything max except shadows which would be at high.

13. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    i run it at 1920x1200x32 bit on high settings and get 50fps even on the most demanding track "chula Vista", i'm even faster everywhere else... no sound probs for me and i'm on xp...

14. biglonglenthman

GPU:
    ^^^ I get that on Vista too, these new drivers are amazing.

As for XP i just dont like it anymore, im liking the new feel of vista and it dont have any problems that i can speak of ive been error/driver problem free for months.

15. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vista64 runs flawlessly for me and extremely quick overall, I think Dirt is the problem, other games - GTL, GTR2, Stalker - run fine. Codemasters have turned into EA over the years, basically releasing games that aren't coded properly.

At that resolution you won't be getting a great framerate with the GTS, although OCing your E6600 will help. Mine runs @ 3Ghz with stock cooling and VCore easily, great processor.

16. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi people this game depends on the cpu right... as im gona o/c my cpu for the first time this week end as the new paste should be bedded in by then, if this game does depend on the cpu will overclocking it say @ 3.0ghz get me Meany fps (10ish i hope) or is the fps increase sumat like 2-3 and a BIG waist of time

17. biglonglenthman

GPU:
    When did you get the new system Storm??
    Looking good how are your finding DiRT?

18. biglonglenthman

GPU:
    For me going from 3.0GHz to 3.3GHz gave me 10ish FPS so going from 2.4GHz to 3GHz should be more like 15FPS. . . but at that your 7900 is going to more so a bottleneck not the CPU, still it will help you in the multi car races.

19. Retrolock

Retrolock Guest

GPU:
    G1 Gaming GTX 970
    Oh yeah, I overclocked my e4300 to 3ghz and I only gained 5fps lol.. 7950gt is bottlenecking the game :(

20. jason_20087

jason_20087 Master Guru

GPU:
    460gtx
    damien wont notice much difference if any, we have the same cards i find it rubbish running this game, not sure what res and settings you run it at though, i over clocked my e6600 to 3.8ghz didnt notice much difference was still slow, time for a gtx here, was goin to sli the 7900gtx can hit like 11k in 3do6 in sli