COH lock ups/crashes

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Meta|Gear, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Pretty Hate Machine

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Dual-X 3L
    Im getting lock ups during the game or just plain crash to desktop, every single time ive played the game its crashed or locked in various areas. I have already updated to 1.2 but it didnt seem to help too much.

Similar problems anyone?

2. compunut

compunut Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7900GT SLI
    update drivers or try uninstalling then reinstalling game??
    is this happening only for this game?

3. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    it happens to me all the time , supposedly the game dont like overclocked cpu's

4. ViPER_DMRT

ViPER_DMRT Member

GPU:
    Asus EN8800 Ultra 768mb
    That is correct.
    The game is not only REALLY cpu driven, it's really one of the first games that `REALLY` exploit both cores to the max, my X2 4400+ (runs...walks a bit faster, 2200@2400Mhz. This is enough to make Asus Probe start screaming after about 20min of CoH. alt-tab shows my proc is acting like a P4E on steroids. 66/68/70 degrees. This game is more demanding then a Maya 8 Mental Ray Production Render..... HOW is this possible ? :)

FYI: Yes my box has enough airflow, I didn't drown the cpu in (artic) paste. The CPU (air) cooler which got very nice scores (back then) was the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro. (Any better availible ? please tell)

The reason why i can't overclock my puppy to much has to do with the fact ik really need a minimum of 4GB of RAM. (not for games)

5. ViPER_DMRT

ViPER_DMRT Member

GPU:
    Asus EN8800 Ultra 768mb
    Oh and another thing, for those people who ate bread for a month, or sold their girlfriend on Ebay for a "32x SLI/Cross" setup. YOU-WILL-NOT be able to see the *cut* scenes at 1920x1200 @ Ultra in the FPS you are expecting it. Correction, above the 1600 res it starts to run as a dia slide show.

I had the feeling those cut scenes are mostly cpu crunched rather the GPU.
    So i grapped a [**]quad dual-core opteron box with a single 9700 GT card... runs like a charm.

6. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Pretty Hate Machine

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Dual-X 3L
    ya the game is extremely demanding with is really unfortunate because its an amazing game infact probably one the best gmaes ive ever played but the load times are insane, plus i occasionally get an ati driver warning.

bleh

7. LouieV

LouieV Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 1024mb
    From reading the Relic troubleshooting forums, first thing is to ensure you have a paging file of at least 768 mb.

2nd is to review your sound settings, something about ensuring the number of voices matching the capabilities of your soundcard. Try lowering your sound settings and see if that helps.

Have you tried the relic forums for a solution?

p.s. I love this game.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2006
  8. Martys Web

Martys Web Don Santino Corleone

GPU:
    XFX 7600gt
    I asume you meen Company of Heroes heck this games has worked great for me. So far not one crash the load times are ok but the unload/exit the game time is way to long..

9. Andrés

Andrés Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950 2Gb
    The first version of COH had a problem with SLI setups, which was later corrected by a patch. Have you installed it?

I don´t know about that, it´s running fine on my OCd CPU :). Now the only thing I miss is a more powerful video card :bawl:. This game is great!. I´m playing it at 1024x768 with all eye candy except the texture detail which is set to High instead of Ultra. Currently I´m onroad to Cherbourg in a mission where I have to relieve an ambushed company and then clear up a road.

Andrés

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    works ok here, with my cpu running quite a nice overclock... maybe it's a bit more picky on some configs tho...

11. S_Kinton

S_Kinton Ancient Guru

GPU:
    512mb 8800GT & 22" Samsung LCD
    It works fine with my overclocked cpu, no bother at all. Not a single crash or lock up.

Im running v1.2 as v1.0 had very poor performance with SLI.

Martys Web - Perhaps the slow unload time is coz you have 1gb pf ram? I don't have any slowness at all when loading or unloading the game

12. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    my loading times and that are fairly fast , even though my HD aint running properly :(

13. pmanipole

pmanipole Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6970
    the only problem i have is once in a while the game starts to run real choppy. i have to save mission and then everything runs properly.

i run it at 1280*1024 with everything on high with 2qaa*16af. this is one of the hardest games i have ever played. the AI is pretty good but the graphics are just incredible.

my load times are quite quick, from the time i fire up the game i am playing in under 1 minute.

14. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Game has been working absolutely perfectly here, except for a blank screen after a level loaded once. Loading times and performance has been great so far as well. Totally loving this title!

15. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    yeah me too , its a stunning game , very simialr to DOW in many ways , the game has set a standard for RTS's that i dont think will be beaten for a long time , its coded well , looks great and the physics are stunning , i mean i love watching a tank take chunks out of buildings , great fun :)

16. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    armored cav kicks asss...
    got to love it when shells bounce off the front armor