Codemasters Launching Next GRID Racing Game in September

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 22, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Silva likes this.
  2. Picolete

Picolete Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Pulse 6800
    Nice, but i m still waiting for Toca 4

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Loved the Grid series so this is a good news.

4. JAMVA

JAMVA Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 4080:)
    Awesome news :cool:

5. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    GRID2 was the game that made me never pre-order games ever again.

It's been soooooo long since that day, but, it still hurts as, my love of the original game is warm and cosy.

Some game directors simply should never be given a budget, especially when they want to roleplay real actors with FMV scenes in a computer game (yes, that did happen in GRID2!).

Like watching an 80's music video of David Bowie and Mick Jagger...it should never ever be repeated.

Silva likes this.
  6. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I don't remember that at all and I completed the game (sure you aren't confusing it with one of the NFS games). Oh well GRID2 had its issues much like DIRT3 with the bro-dude culture but Autosport was great. I am optimistic about this new GRID.

7. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Funny thing is.....Ive was wondering yesterday after spending a few hours on grid2 and NFS shift 2 unleashed(got a week off work) if a new game was in the works although i`d prefer a successor to shift 2 unleashed as i find the shift series less forgiving and more realistic but i`ll defo be in the que for a new grid

8. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    GRID was one of my favourite games by far after the original Colin and Dirt series.
    GRID2 was just, nope. You can't make a game to please all racing fans, you either make it a good Arcade or a good Sim. GRID2? Was just something I wanted to forget fast, didn't even play more than a couple circuits.

I hope, after all these years, this reboot will be closer to the original GRID.

9. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    YES

[​IMG]

10. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Here's my (main) problem with Grid2 - it was designed to not work with controllers and 'speed wobble' ensures, as the slightest movement to the left or right, required immediate correction, resulting in 'fishtailing' or as I prefer call it: 'speed wobble'.

Other issues I encountered:-

-Massive understeer and massive oversteer under circumstances where over and understeer should not exist.
    -Multi-route tracks were a cheap way of pretending like the game had a new track when it did not.
    -Muscle cars lacked a sense of weight, completely destroying one of the best cars from 'Race driver: GRID' (to give it its full title.)
    -AI compression and expansion of distance in near real-time, made every 'win' meaningless and hollow.
    -Seaside/coastal tracks had glitches on corners, and corners in general had 'issues' regarding collision, making you sometimes clip a corner by millimetres and come to a complete stop, or, complete some ridiculous road 180/360/720 flip.

One of the biggest problems I had was that, the truly wonderful and (genuinely) delightful drift mode was almost completely removed and replaced with some utter dog-poo of a game mode that bore no resemblance to the original game.

I utterly loved the drift mode from the first game - and believe it or not (and yes, I appreciate I may have to reinstall the game and record footage to prove it) I am able to drift the entire track of Advan Drift International in one continuous, uninterrupted combo (something like 50 drifts, linked together) so - yeah....seeing that Grid2 didn't have my beloved Drifting to the same level of awesomeness is particularly painful to me.

The drifting is so good in the original, it gave me goosebumps just pulling off nearly impossible drifts, millimetres from every flag, car, obstacle, corner...I think the Mazda was my car of choice for that circuit, man, it's great to be great at something...

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    Silva likes this.

11. Margalus

Margalus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus 3060 Ti
    I certainly hope they go back to the original Grid formula and make a great game again. If they go the same route they did with Grid 2 the series is dead. The idea of "fans" was ridiculous.

12. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    No VR Support then No Buy. Seriously cannot go back to a screen when it comes to racing games.

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

... gird2 level remake, night time ~2:45min looks better.

Silva and JAMVA like this.
  14. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I've been a fan of Codemasters since the original Colin McRae rally game so I welcome another awesome racing game.

15. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    meh - such a shame to see the 'ego' engine still has micro-stuttering. I DL'd the original Grid an hour ago and have played it again for fun, then immediately uninstalled it because of the insane amounts of stuttering it has. I started doing searches for stuttering and then came to the realisation I was entering a rabbit hole for a game I finished playing over ten years ago...

16. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Grid was one of the last games I bought on DVD, and it's in storage so I can't test it right now. Grid 2 however runs absolutely beautiful in my opinion.

17. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Let me guess, worthless ffb "fix" 6 months post release like with every other CM title?

Loobyluggs likes this.