CoD4 issues with latest drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Kolt, Aug 14, 2008.

1. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi Asus 7870 V2 ROG
    Ok was wondering.
    It is or acts like an internet related issue.
    will talk to some of my Klan m8s and see how they are fairing.

2. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Also forgot to mention, I had this before with the 79's a while back. I reverted back to the previous (think 44s or something) and problem went away. It's definately related to these two drivers. I can almost guarantee that if I revert back, it will be fixed. Hoping though, that it might be something as simple as a setting I can "flip" to fix.

3. Fedorov

Fedorov Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D iChill GTX-1070 X4
    Okay, cool, looks like it was the new version of my firewall as I got a BSOD under the 174.74 drivers which I know are 100% stable.

Firewall sorted, back running these new 177.83's again :)

4. texasrattler

texasrattler Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    I have a 7800 gs 256 agp and started getting framerate drops. Didn't have them before. I was going into the teens. Anything under 30 frames and the game becomes almost unplayble online. I know it was my frames and not my internet connection cause I am able to see both during the game and my frames would drop when I would shoot or a explosion would happen. My connection stayed the same. I have no clue as to why all of a sudden the game started acting this way but it did and I think I found the problem. What I did was simply install latest driver for my nForce 3 mobo and also updated my network adapter ethernets driver(marvell), I don't use the standard 1394. I use my Marvell one which I have updated in the past to help fix games like the BF series. My mobo drivers I do believe were up to date but since it's a old mobo I just made sure. Since updating drivers, everything seems to be back to normal. This problem happened whether my video card was at stock or overclocked. I believe it was driver related but not gpu driver. Will post info if anything drastic changes.

If you go to Gigabytes web site, they have a drive checking utility that may help some people out. You don't have to have a Gigabyte product to use it. It's worth a try. Once you run the program, read the FAQ. Not everything with a red x means it's old, even though the program says it is. The answer is in the FAQ.

Windows XP SP2
    video drivers 175.16

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008

5. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Latest beta (.89s) so far have corrected this issue.... well, I also updated my Xfi drivers. So either one of those did it lol

6. anon2243

anon2243 Member

GPU:
    Zotac 8800GT SLI @ 700mhz
    Just last night I noticed that there were these blocks of white fuzz running in lines up and down my screen....walked ahead about 10m and they went away....wierd

7. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi Asus 7870 V2 ROG
    Thats called good IQ.."LOL"

8. texasrattler

texasrattler Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    That's usually a sign of overclocking which leads to heating issue and you usually will get articfacts. Could also be bad drivers. Reinstall or update.

9. Phatzy

Phatzy Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7850
    Kolt you should of used this command in cod4 console vid_restart

10. Hondreros

Hondreros Member

GPU:
    N/A
    I'm having this issue too -.- Trying the 177.89 as we speak ^^

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008

11. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    What does that do exactly?

12. Hondreros

Hondreros Member

GPU:
    N/A
    I updated the drivers and still having the problem -.-

Any idea what else one could do to fix this prob?

13. rab3072

rab3072 Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5750
    this is the problem i am having mate. same by the sounds of it... but with the 175.19's forceware i got with nvidia... trying beta's now..

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  14. Willy Boy

Willy Boy Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek PX 7800gtx x2 sli
    I use 177.66 drivers & Cod 4 X-fi Fatality has no probs what so ever set my max fps to 85 and the game is very smooth, so until I hear better stuff about newer ones they stay !

15. texasrattler

texasrattler Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    vid_restart just restarts the video settings. It's nothing major but some say it has helped. Personally I don't think it does much.