COD4 clan?

Discussion in 'Guru of 3D Clan' started by Rodman, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    Seeing this is one of the best Multiplayer games I for one have ever played, does anyone think we should start a COD4 clan?

I'm in if one is started.

2. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
  3. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    If we can get 10 posts of people who play at least 3 times a week we could begin to organize things for a clan. We don't even need our own server to start just a few public one's, then we could think about our own server.

I find this game to be the best fps multiplayer I have ever played and I played them all. As long as you are on a server with a limit of 16-20 things stay in the sweet spot, meaning.. Less air strikes and chopper attacks, things go from run and gun to more of a tactical fight of whit, skill and team work. It can also be a blast to go in to a server of 16 on 16 and just run and gun. I do however see the true potential of this game with fewer players as it was nail biting yesterday.

I played last night with 4 on 4 and had the most intense combat yet. I even got the crap scared out of me a few times, lol. I was listening for foot steps and really paying attention to the surroundings in order to win. Boy can a sniper be a pain placed in the right spot without 20 other players gunning them down.

To me the game feels like FEAR, Counter Strike and BF2 all rolled into one as it has a bit of everything as well as some MMO type grinding to unlock perks and weapons and even golden guns.. Lack of a friends list kinda sucks but a patch should fix that.

Also it runs well on most gaming rigs. Is there anything some of you don't like about the game and or why no one has any interest? Just wondering:3eyes:

4. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    I'd definitely be interested... although, I'm the UK, and I don't know if most of you guys are in the US, you'd wanna join a US ladder, and my pings would be stupid.

5. Jarrstin

Jarrstin Master Guru

GPU:
    VisionTek HD 4870 CF
    I'm interested. I live in the US, central time.

6. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    Thats 2:) Psytek, I don't think you will have that much of a problem with ping. It's getting the time frame correct. It's 8:00pm here as I type, you?

7. MoosePower

MoosePower Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I'm also interested. I live in the US, Pacific time.

8. bcoupland

bcoupland Master Guru

GPU:
    9300 onboard
    yup, sign me up.

tried to hop on a server last night but pings were too high.

9. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    Cool, thats 6 of us. I will be on and off all night and will post back what servers we can start playing on. I will try to pick the most common 3 I use, but if any of you have a fav and we all get good pings then that will work as well. Also for now just use your Guru screen name all in caps since some of us, including me are not official guru clan members. If you are feel free to use [G3D] in front of your name.

I will post back with some server names to check. I really wish this game had a freinds list though.

10. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi
    I welcome you all to join my COD 4 clan but it is UK, I have UK server, vent, and website on the way, PM me if interested, any skill welcome, just friendly, and fun, and regular playing required!

11. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
  12. MoosePower

MoosePower Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Couldn't find those servers... Maybe im not looking hard enough.

13. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750

Just bring down the console and type the IP in. Instructions on how, are in the same thread.

I also enjoy the "FBI" servers;)

14. Coguar

Coguar New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 2 x HD 3870 Crossfire
  15. stereoxide

stereoxide Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GeForce GTX 260
    Im interested too. Eastern time.

16. V1pwred

V1pwred Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 2900xt/2900pro @ 806/927 24/7
    Ill play

Seeing as I just posted for the first time in the dods forums, I also play COD4 religously and would love to join this group...You could count me in.

17. mcBu113t

mcBu113t Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX @635/1540/1060
    my issue with cod4 is that u cant jump around a corner, crouch and kill someone with one shot to the finger with a huge ridiculously overpowered sniper rifle
    :p

18. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    Not really sure what you mean here, lol. Are you saying if you shoot someone with a 50 cal sniper rifle and it hits them in the hand they do not die:3eyes: Play a hardcore server if you want the weapons to kill much easyer.

I will be on and off the BFG server tonight.

IP 74.52.143.12 it's TDM no killcam. good ping here in the U.S on the east coast.

19. mcBu113t

mcBu113t Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX @635/1540/1060
    lol

im saying me likey awp in counterstrike :p

20. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    I am most definitely in this. What rankings are you guys? I have been 55 for a while now. I'll start playing some on those servers.